T11 hangs during recovery

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jasper2344, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasper2344

jasper2344 Registered Member

Hi all. As the title states i am having problems when doing a recovery. The image recovery gets so far then hangs. I have sent some info to Acronis but thought i would post here to see if anyone has the same problem.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

What build of TI 11 do you have? If it's not the latest, download that and create a new Rescue CD.

When you boot from the TI Rescue CD, what happens? Can you validate your backup image successfully? Do you see all your hard drives?

How far does a restore get? After you press the Proceed button when restoring from the Rescue CD, what happens?

3. jasper2344

I am using the latest version. I am using the multiparameter boot cd as i was having problems with the one i created finding my sata drive.

The restore gets to about 40% and stalls showing 7 mins remaining.

4. waffles

waffles Registered Member

Looks like I have the very same issue. The restore process just sits there about half way done with 9 min left.
    I have waited for over 2 hrs - no dice.

I am using the latest ATI build. OS Vista Home Premium SP1 Dell OEM. I am trying to restore my OS/system partition.
    I have booted from within the OS (during my first attempt) as well as from a CD and USB drive.
    I have used different images - all were verified to be good during their initial creation a few days ago as well as now during the restore attempts.
    I tried to restore to a new, different drive with a new bigger partition.
    All of my above attempts have failed thus far.

I have always selected the "restore disk or partition" option, but not tried the "sector by sector" yet.
    I have not tried to re-image the MBR and Track 0 yet.
    I have always selected the ACTIVE partition.

Any ideas?

TIA!

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Tell me more about this multiparameter boot CD. Where did you learn about it (Internet link), etc.

Can you validate the backup image after booting from the CD?

Have you run CHKDSK /R on both the source and target hard drives to be sure there are no disk errors?

6. jasper2344

I did a live chat with somebody in customer support and they provided me with the link for the iso image. I havent run chkdsk. I am still waiting for acronis to get back to me as they have had sys info from me so just got to wait.

7. waffles

Any progress on your end?

I ended up redoing my whole system install, incl. reformatting my HD. I just could not get ATI to work.

Now I am afraid to use ATI for a system image again, because I fear that will not be able to restore it. Is there a safe way to try it? All I can think of is do it with a cloned drive.

TIA!

8. jasper2344

Acronis have passed all the info onto their expert sectionbut i am still waiting for an answer. I will give it until tomorrow then contact them again via live chat and will then start to put preasure on. Looking at these forums there seems to be plenty of issues surround ATI 11 so i will be asking for possible refund and free upgrade when version 12 becomes available or failing that just a refund and then look for an alternative product.
    Sorry its not more positive news but i will report back when i find anything else out. I too am afraid to use it at the moment as i know i will then end up having to do a full re-install.

9. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Check the procedures listed in my guide as listed on liine 3 of my signature below. Note in particular the comments about the Dell Computer characteristics to see if the comments might be applicable to your computer.

If not upgrading to a larger drive, perhaps my guides listed on line 2 of my signature can be of some help.

10. jasper2344

Still no reply from acronis. I think its time to contact them again via Live chat. I did see a thread here to do with back ups hanging during the process and the response was that there was a bug so to turn off the compression. Perhaps this is the answer. Wont even try it until i get an answer from acronis as i am not going through yet another complete re-install.

11. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

@jasper
    Did you check your target HDD?

I imagine following:
    If I restore a valid image and it stops every time at the same position then I suggest to check the hardware.
    Especially the target HDD. Use the check tool of the company who build your HDD.

12. waffles

Quick update:
    In the meantime I was able to create a working clone drive as well as getting my images to install fine on an additional internal drive. Eventually also the re-imaging worked again on my first drive. Unfortunately, I am not sure why that is, but I probably have to leave it like this.

Thanks again for all your suggestions.

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jasper2344 and waffles,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

jasper2344, could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

waffles, could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.