SystemSuite4/VirusScanner Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JimIT, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Was wondering if anyone had any personal experience w/V-Con's VirusScanner Pro, included w/System Suite 4.

I understand that the av component is built by/updated by Trend Micro.

Anyone have any first-hand info on this?

2. octogen

octogen Registered Member

Yes, I have System Suite 4.0 and use the virus scanner solely as a backup on-demand scanner. It has not caused me any problems. It can be used as an on-access and POP3 scanner as well. Updates can be done automatically, but I update it manually.

The former owner, On-Track, and the present owner, V-Com do say that it uses the same scanning engine as PC-Cillin. I believe it is the one used in the version prior to the current PC-Cillin 2003. I am not certain as to whether or not it has all of the features of the PC-Cillin scanner.

3. root

root Registered Member

I used it as a backup AV scanner for a couple of years. It is good for second opinions, but since it's not a full version AV, I would not use it for my primary defense.
    I dropped System Suite 4 shortly after they sold out to V-Com.

4. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Thanks for the replies.

How about the utilities included? Are they worthwhile?

Just wondering if this suite might be a viable alternative to use when diagnosing and troubleshooting a client's pc. Never used the thing before!

5. root

root Registered Member

Useful for some cleanup, defrag, reg cleaning, disk scan, and things like that. I wouldn't consider it a strong aid for troubleshooting others PCs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.