SystemSuite4/VirusScanner Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JimIT, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Was wondering if anyone had any personal experience w/V-Con's VirusScanner Pro, included w/System Suite 4.

I understand that the av component is built by/updated by Trend Micro.

Anyone have any first-hand info on this?

2. octogen

octogen Registered Member

Yes, I have System Suite 4.0 and use the virus scanner solely as a backup on-demand scanner. It has not caused me any problems. It can be used as an on-access and POP3 scanner as well. Updates can be done automatically, but I update it manually.

The former owner, On-Track, and the present owner, V-Com do say that it uses the same scanning engine as PC-Cillin. I believe it is the one used in the version prior to the current PC-Cillin 2003. I am not certain as to whether or not it has all of the features of the PC-Cillin scanner.

3. root

root Registered Member

I used it as a backup AV scanner for a couple of years. It is good for second opinions, but since it's not a full version AV, I would not use it for my primary defense.
    I dropped System Suite 4 shortly after they sold out to V-Com.

4. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Thanks for the replies.

How about the utilities included? Are they worthwhile?

Just wondering if this suite might be a viable alternative to use when diagnosing and troubleshooting a client's pc. Never used the thing before!

5. root

root Registered Member

Useful for some cleanup, defrag, reg cleaning, disk scan, and things like that. I wouldn't consider it a strong aid for troubleshooting others PCs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.