system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tweety pie, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tweety pie

tweety pie Registered Member

Hi iceni60, I've not installed all of my updates I have I think 21 to do, I've only had my new installation disk running since August this year so it is recent.
    I'll have ago at emailing microsoft but on their site I seen the cost of an email to be £60 odd pounds so that frightened me but I'll look again.Thank you for your help.
    Cheers, Sue

2. tweety pie

Hi Brad yes I'll get to doing my updates and I searched Google as well, I'm also a novice at reinstalling xp before I got the new system & hard drive I reinstalled 3 times in one month, not much house work got done !!!!!
    Take Care, Sue

3. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

First thing......grab those updates like Ice said and see if it solves the prob.
    Cheers.

4. tweety pie

Hi glad to see your up and about, yes I'm going to do them now, Cheers, Sue

5. ice60

ice60 Guest

Sue, so it's a new installation and you have new hardware too? is that correct, because if so those are the two main reasons for this error. if that's the case we can start to move forward.

OK try this - go to Start>Run, type in devmgmt.msc
    then Expand Display Adapters, make a note of the make a model of the video adapter which will be displayed after you have clicked on Display Adapters
    the changes are you have NVIDIA

to make it alot easier download Everest. it doesn't install into the registry so afterward if you want you can just delete the folder it's in
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html
    what the program will do is tell you all you need to know about the hardware on you PC and take you right to the website you will need to go to to update anything that's out out date. when it's downloaded make a new folder - right-click the desktop and select new folder, then drag the download into it and double click it and select expand all folders. if you have trouble with that let me know. different expanders work indifferent ways.

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

also download and update ewido, when it has updated reboot into safe mode by tapping the F8 key, when you are rebooting

you will see a menu, use the up and down keys to navigate to safe mode, and click enter.

you will then have one more menu after that click OK or agree to it, then you should get into safe mode.

open Ewido, click scanner, and at the top complete scan. let it fix everything and make a backup

you might have the HaxDoor trojan. and others. when it has finished click Save Report, it will be a text file. reboot and post it here.

http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  7. tweety pie

Hi ice man!!! I'll check out those two links, Thank you loads...
    It's time for dinner my tummy thinks it's got a virus.... it needs food!!!

Cheers, Sue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.