System won't boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Gumby812, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gumby812

Gumby812 Registered Member

Help! I ran True Image on my IBM T60 to clone my existing HD to a WD Scorpio 500GB. My system won't boot from the new hard drive and I get errors when trying to reinstall my original hard drive..
    userinit.exe - failed to initialize
    suservice.exe - exception
    svchost.exe - app error

What do I need to do to get my original drive working again?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

At what stage of the boot up do you get these errors? Can you get into Safe Mode and either uninstall True Image or use a Windows Restore point?

3. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

Is this windows xp or vista?

If you didn't do a "reverse clone" that might the reason the "restored drive " won't boot.

As far as your source drive, if all the cables are properly connected, you can try a chkdsk c: /f. If there was some sort of abnormal shutdown during the cloning procedure, there might be corrupted system files. A chkdsk can fix this.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Gumby812,

Thank you for using Acronis Products

As workaround you can perform OS Repair using Windows installation CD. Boot from Windows installation disc and choose Repair option. Windows Repair Installation will keep your applications and configuration untouched.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.