System wants to access internet

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by avboy, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avboy

avboy Registered Member

Suddenly I get this pop up in OA Premium that System (Protocol:RAW) wants to attend the Internet. What exactly is this System? For svchost or any other program I can see the location and type (e.g. exe), but this is just system with no exe file mentioned. And why does it suddenly want access to Internet. Shall I allow or keep it blocked?

Thanks

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

i would deny it and contact OA support for further explanation on might be causing it.

3. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

What operating system are you using?
    Does the request include a destination IP or a port number?

I'm not familiar with OA, but with Kerio on XP-Pro, system often appears with listening NETBIOS ports.

4. avboy

avboy Registered Member

Yes, I'll contact them, but I just dont know how to describe what system is (location, program etc)! Is it a .exe or a .dll or something else?

Win Vista SP2, OA Premium 5.5.0.1557. Once port 445, other times none, no destination IP (not even local host, as I have "intercept loopback adapter" ticked), protocol:RAW

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

just describe it to them as presented in your last post. Based on it I suspect some internal benign system process communication.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.