System Volume Backup (Acronis Home 2009)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by yontev, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yontev

yontev Registered Member

Please forgive me for this question. I am a low-level technical person and need an explanation for dummies kind of answer.

I just purchased Acronis Home 2009. I created an image back up on an external hard drive and also activated the Acronis Secure Zone. I thought I had done everything I need to. But when I go to System Information, I see that I also need to create a System Volume backup. What is a System volume backup? How do you determine when it might be necessary to restore it vs restoring the whole hard drive? And should I add it as an incremental backup to my current computer image or keep it as a completely separate image?

Thanks,

-N

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you make a full backup of the entire hard drive, you don't really need any other backup. Everything is included in the full backup.

The other backups are subsets. If you have a System Information backup, you could restore just that to see if it fixed a problem. Personally, I wouldn't bother. If a system is messed up, I want to put the whole system back to a reliable state. However, other TI users may have different opinons where the System State backup helped them.

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I also use ONLY full disk backups using True Image. I do backup My Documents but not with TI ... simply Windows Explorer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.