System Virginity Verifier v1.2 Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by StevieO, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Guest

2005-11-23 SVV 1.2 released: fixed serious bug in the kernel module (MmProbeAndLockPages() problem).

System Virginity Verifier

The idea behind SVV is to check important Windows System components, which are usually altered by various stealth malware, in order to ensure system integrity and to discovery potential system compromise.

SVV 1.x implements only code virginity verification which is the first step in SVV implementation and its task is to ensure the integrity of the code sections of in-memory mapped kernel and usermode modules (that is kernel drivers and usermode DLLs).

http://invisiblethings.org/tools.html#svv

StevieO

2. yearight

yearight Guest

Why should we even bother with SVV if Johanna is only going to seel her part of the program to an AV vender?

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Why not?

This application either helps or it doesn't. If it helps, that a good thing. If a developer can take a good thing, and make it better/more robust by taking it commercial, users win in the end either directly or through the impact this has on the competitive landscape.

Maybe I'm a little old fashioned, but personally I think people should benefit when they apply their trade and skills for the general good. If this were to become part of a commercial package, I think it would be great.

Blue

4. controler

controler Guest

Well said Blue:D

This would also benifit whom ever bought the code since alot of the bugs would already be ironed out. However I do see alot of posters saying they don't like to run a beta or atleast an early stage beta. In this case, if they wait untill it is released, they might not use it. Is this program a beta or is it being put out there as released versions? I guess I do not see a beta in the app name. I do know from looking at the powerpoint presentation, there is alot more that might be added by the programmer.
    I get so confused. LOL

controler

5. xmen

xmen Guest

Well when Diamond CS, Ghost security, Starforce, Trustware or whatever, releases some beta, people rush to download and try it. So I don't see a problem with SSV being beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.