System Shield question.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Morro, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morro

Morro Registered Member

I started using system shield since a week or so, because it seems like a useful program to me. (But i am no expert so i could be wrong. :) )

Now in the white list there are lines for programs that are not on my hard drive anymore. So i pressed DEL and clicked ok, and they disappeared. I clicked save settings, closed to program and rebooted. And hey look and behold those same lines i deleted where there again. :blink:

I tried deleting the ini file from system shields but after rebooting the same ini was remade so that did not help either. Does anyone know how i can remove lines from the white list permanently so that they do not come back?

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

did you try ccleaner?it cleans the junk from registry and the uninstaller can be able to delete the the entry;)

3. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Well although i usually do not like using CCleaners registry function i just did, it did find a few things which after examination i hat removed. After rebooting i used RegSeeker and Powertools Lite to check the registry again. Both found stuff as well. (Weird, but like i wrote above i am no expert. :) )

I rebooted again and checked systemshields, it still hat the lines from software that i hat uninstalled. So i then uninstalled systemshields, cleaned the registry and reinstalled the program. This solved the problem, but it is a awkward way of getting result i think. o_O

I also have another question, after the first install of Systemshield about a week ago(on a clean install. ) i hat these entries in the whitelist?

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w172/Illius_photos/Diversen/Systemshield.jpg

Does any one who uses Systemshield have these entries or should i start getting worried. I did a scan with Avira AntiVir Free, and with SAS and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware(the last two in safe mode.) and nothing was found.

4. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Although i am fairly sure that those entries in my post above are innocent, i would like to know what others think about it. Sorry i just need to be completely sure.

5. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Hi, have you Googled those entries ?

If they were partly on your desktop, as shown in your screenie, then i presume you knew what they were, and wern't concerned. I imagine they are OK, but see above to be certain.

Funny, i just DL'ed SS today from USEC.AT Software to try out. I'm presuming it's the same App ?

Why did you uninstall it, how was it ?

6. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Well i uninstalled it and then reinstalled it to see if that would help me to get rid of the software entries that where no longer on my HD. And it did get rid of those entries, so i still have it installed. Although i still think one should be able to permanently delete a entry inside the GUI without having to uninstall and then reinstalling the software.

And it pops up a warning screen when something tries to add a entry/entries into you registry. So far the pop ups shown where for a few programs i installed, and it will show you what program is trying to add what to your registry. It will offer a few options like allow and allow always etcetera. And from what i could see, it would stop the process till i decided what to do with that warning. And all changes are placed inside a log file, and the program will start with a new dated log file everyday. So you can easily check what happened if you want/need.

As for the nag screen at start up, well i do not mind...it is just one click. And the one when you close your PC i do not even have to click, because my PC shuts down without doing so any way. :)

So to me it looks like a nice addition to my computers security, but i will not rely on it that it is fail prove. No software is, no matter what some might think.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.