System saftey monitor

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by yodafan, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodafan

yodafan Guest

2. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hi ;)

I use it from the very beginning in conjunction with KPF v2.1.4. Allows you to run any leaktest with flying colours. Slight memory leak. Already a great app but still perfectible.

Cheers,

3. controler

controler Guest

http://kormushkin.narod.ru/ssm.zip

Can't fetch the download

4. JacK

JacK Registered Member

mirror : Direct d/l : http://tinylink.com/?m5aeLUR9lh
    SSM v1.9.1beta2

Rgds,

5. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

I like that program and so do many others. It is very well supported by the deveolper as you can see in this thread. :)

System Saftey monitor new version

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,3635218~root=security,1~mode=flat

This came up one time with TDS but it was a fluke and I am sure it is not a problem.

ssm...is it a trojan?

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,4297723~root=security,1~mode=flat

I would make sure that all problem that occured with Win98 users is now solved..there was no problem with WinXP.

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

Ummm... am I mistaken, or is this program doing a few of the same things that RegRun does?

7. yodafan

yodafan Guest

Hey guys,

Is this program able to catch keyloggers too?..... One more question, have u guys had ne success in using this program, like have u cought ne programs running in the background without ur permission? I'm trying to figure out if i should dl this program or not...

YODA

8. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hi ;)

Never install andshall never let run a keylogger, no answer AFM but I test it with all leaktests, with subseven servers, and different worms and backdoors, bugbear, opasoft,etc after disabling my FW, AV, AT and startup monitor : each time a warning :)

Rgds,

9. controler

controler Guest

Going to give this one a try and I have been using Winpatrol now
    for a few weeks and it sure seems to work good on new start ups
    I like it's ease of use and with a enable, remove and full report tab for
    registered users.
    Going to post back here in a few days after giving this registry monitor a whirl. Putting it on a newly formated hard drive. That is always the best way to install any new registry program ;)

BTW: Thank you for the valid link Jack.

10. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I have WinPatrol,but it's been for less than a week.I like it too.But I am curious to see what you find in comparing WinPatrol to SystemSafetyMonitor.I am mulling over the idea of testing RegRunSecurity Suite,or a similar program.I like to compare programs before buying the extra features.I am considering going with WinPatrol Plus program.

11. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Contoler.I downloaded System Safety Monitor!It sure covers a lot of areas.The user and adminstrator mode had me a little puzzled at first.Administrator mode works well for me.It's real touchy in user mode.And it does warn of possible key-logger activity!After looking at Reg Run Security Suite,that program was way over my head for now.I still like WinPatrol.The support via e-mail is very good!I can't honestly say that I favor one over the other.Neither of these programs have caused any problems so far.I'm looking forward to your view on these programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.