System memory Scan?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by trebla, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trebla

trebla Registered Member

Is it OK to have the System Memory disabled in the Setup for the Context menu Profile just so it scans files from the Windows shell a lot quicker not having to scan the memory.I have it set up as in the attachment.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I wouldn't, and does it really matter how long it takes to run a scan ;) :D

Cheers :D

3. trebla

trebla Registered Member

Thanks for the help.I have everything set up like you suggest in one of your earlier posts.I just thought that for a file eg:a 33 byte text file or something
    similar it wouldn't matter to much as I still have NOD do a complete scan every other day..

4. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I have this disabled also, I have to disagree with you here Craig, the faster a user can scan from the context menu the better and the more likely they are to use it. Anything running in memory should have already been scanned by AMON when it was run, so I feel this is a bit redundant. Context menu scanning could also be viewed as redundant as whatever you are scanning was also likely scanned by AMON, IMON or EMON when it came on to the system but it is a sometimes needed tool particularly for people that are running a secondary AV. So speeding up the scan makes them more likely to use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.