system mechanic 6 for 29.95?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sister1013699786, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

I do not know how good or bad this program is. But I do remember reading the review in Maximum PC. They did not rate it very high. When they made this quoted comment, "They should have named this utility the 'kitchen sink.'", they were actually complaining about it being too much. It is amazing how marketing spins those blurbs.

2. securityx

securityx Registered Member

That's funny! I remember the review In Maximum PC and you are very right, the "kitchen sink" remark was not in a favorable light.

3. sir_surfalot

sir_surfalot Guest

I tried an older version of System Mechanic and didn't like it. When I ran certain system cleaner functions it really screwed up my computer, luckily I had GoBack at the time and was able to revert all changes made. I would be careful with the program because unless you really know what your doing, you can cause all sorts of unnecessary trouble for yourself.

Overall I found very little use for SM myself and with free programs like CCleaner and other free utilities around why would you ever need it?

Sorry but that's BS that it's better than NSW, as it says on their website, at least in my experiencies. I've ran NSW for years and it never gave me half the trouble I got from SM. I found NSW to be far more useful and never caused me one problem with my pc, unlike SM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.