System Mechanic 5

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hayc59, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

System Mechanic 5 keeps your PC running faster, cleaner, and error-free with its award-winning arsenal of system tools. Find and fix stubborn errors, clean up junk and debris, optimize Internet and download speeds, ensure personal security, and maintain your computer for peak performance.

Version 5 contains a multitude of new and improved tools such as a boot-time defragmentation tool; a universal software uninstaller to completely remove applications; a software relocater to move any program from one location to another; Startup Guard to prevent rogue programs from automatically starting with Windows; SafetyNet,
    a multi-level undo tool that can reverse tool actions; and much more!
    << More Info>>

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

The included AV is KAV 5.0 Personal and the firewall is KAV Anti-Hacker 1.5. For $69.99 not too shabby.

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

not at all. I purchased version 4 a year ago because of the panda platinum version. they allways responded the next day and even refund wasn't a problem for me. they did it like they promised. the only problem I had was their spyware killier from spyhunter. spyhunter is on the rogue list of eric howes. It is a bit of a shame that such a company still includes their "spykiller". when you can make a super fine utility suite with kaspersky av and fw (very nice IOLO) why sticking with a crapy antispyware tool... to bad otherwise it would be the sell of the year for me.

4. Infinity

but they changed the name now to spythonj or somehing, still the same screenies so nothing changed.

5. puff-m-d

Hello INFINITY,

I agree. That is why I do not use the spyware part of System Mechanic. I rely on AD Aware and SpyBot Search & Destroy for keeping my system clean from spyware, and they are both free. I think even considering this that with the 2 KAV programs included, it is a bargain. If you are like me and have System Mechanic Pro 4, you can upgrade for $39.99, and KAV 5.0.Personal is $50 by itself.

6. bch

bch Guest

7. Infinity

H puffie, even when not used spyhunter once (you know the reason) tds-3 found a suspicious dll named keylog.dll in the systemmechanic root. I deleted it but this means it is definately strange. I sent them an email when I saw they still use spyhunter for their new release. I find it very nice with kav but this antispyware utility is quite annoying. I hope to receive an email, cause I was very sattisfied with their support. I hope they still are as good as a year ago.

to bch: Even now when moved from this list, It won't be on my machine any longer, except when I changed all dll's and exe's to something else the the files of spyhunter so they cannot be used any longer.

still a bargain though and maybe after my licence expire ... who knows...

8. puff-m-d

Hello INFINITY,

The keylog.dll is not there anymore. There is a file however watch.dll that is part of the Search and Recover program that TDS flags a suspicious possible keylogger and KAV flags as RiskWare.Monitor.Hooker.e. I have tried it with 11 other scanners and nothing else picks it up. I know it is a legitimate part of the program (program has not been altered).

HTH...

9. Infinity

sorry Puff-m-d, I am at work now and I didn't remember the dll (that was suspicious) but it is the one you are mentioning here...so I slipped this one. sorry (again though...)
    I knew it was something to do with a keylogger ;)

are you trialling it at the moment?? can you tell me how the tweaking section is now?? I see a lot more then before...

10. puff-m-d

Hello INFINITY,

Yes I am trialling it now. The only problem with me telling about the tweak section is that it is the only part of the program that I cannot get to work. I keep getting an error. I have tried reinstalling but that does not help. I have sent an email to iolo and if I hear back I will post about the results.

Attached Files:

11. Infinity

hi Puff-m-d

sorry to say but this error you are getting is because of a backdoor trojan faking you are having this problem with iolo... :D just kiddin'

I hope you find your answer and just like I hope I will receive an email regarding spyhunter issue.

for the rest, is it what you are hoping foro_O

12. puff-m-d

Give me a few days to check it out more. I just got it loaded on my system late last night. I will let you know what I think of it then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.