System Level Virtualization recommendation?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Cloak, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloak

Cloak Registered Member

I read that some of these software do not allow the user to create an exclusion list or even have the list to be automated i.e. manualling processing the list to update.

I couldn't help but wonder what of my programs that need updating? Especially those crucial utilities like your anti-virus.

It's funny if you think about it; updating them only to have them roll back to a previous out of date signature when you reboot. What's really hilarious is having them roll back on a fresh install of your AV.

Which virtualization software would you recommend that allow having these exclusion lists? I have tried ShadowUser but it won't play nice with Sandboxie. Returnil offers this feature but it's a hassle to manually update.

Thank you.

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Shadow Defender has an exclusion list.

3. Cloak

Cloak Registered Member

Thank you for your reply Osaban, I hope I am not limited to using Shadow Defender. Surely there must be other alternatives.

4. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

ShadowUser from same company also has exclusions and its very easy to use and reliable.

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Check out Disk Write Copy, its similar to returnil and others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.