system dead, no more os loader!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by St.Jimmy, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St.Jimmy

St.Jimmy Registered Member

Hi, here's what happened. I plugged my psp into my computer, which caused a bsod that said something about "usbntldr.sys". I restarted to a bios-level "non system disk, press any key to continue" error.I tried re-writing the mbr but it didnt work. please help!

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

What is a psp?

What you need to do is to bung in the rescue CD (you did make one didn't you :) ), and re-activate OSS - if you're unable do this, then the next option is to hunt down your XP CD and perform a system repair. This however will wipe out out any XP updates that you have performed including the service packs.

Colin

3. St.Jimmy

crapcrapcrap! I didnt make one, i guess i'll have to find my xp disc*sigh* thanks though... ps, psp stands for playstation portable

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

If you have registered your DD10, Acronis might be able to give you a link to an ISO version of the rescue CD.

Colin

5. St.Jimmy

yeah, I opened up a ticket with them, but seeing as how it's saturday... do you think install-mbr from knoppix would work?

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

It's Sunday afternoon here in Ozland :cool: . I think it would be wise to wait for Acronis - knoppix is a Linux variant ? Not sure if this would do the job.

Support seems to work everyday, so you might be lucky.

Colin

7. St.Jimmy

I guess right now all I can do is wait for Acronis... Ain't it great to have thousands of caffinated smart geeks online 24/7:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.