System crash after installing latest update of Privacy Expert 9.0

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by vlodek, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgee

dgee Registered Member

Hi Kirill
    Thanks, but I don't have a problem - I haven't yet installed PE9.0 because of the problems discussed in this thread. My question just was, have they been fixed in the current version? I don't want to risk installing PE9.0 if there's a danger that it will cause a system crash.
    So can you tell me if the problem is fixed?
    Regards
    David

2. vlodek

vlodek Registered Member

Hello,

It has been nearly 6 weeks since I reported this problem!!! I have exchanged many many e-mails with many Acronis support people and provided them with all requested reports, minidump files, system information files.....etc. Many times I was asked to recreate the problem and provide new minidump files (which means for me to cause Blue Screen of Death on my PC) I was asked to disable my antivirus software as well !!! Despite all this so far I didn't get any solution from Acronis Support. I feel like I got more help from people in this forum, so that I could learn how to disable Malware Shield and could get my pc back working again. Many thanks.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dgee and vlodek,

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

I have highlighted this issue to our Development Team once again. I will certainly notify you when the investigation is finished and the solution is found.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. jessj

jessj Registered Member

Hi,

I've spent ages looking for a thread like this. Now I've found it, and I want to say that I too have a problem that sounds very similar - though not identical - to the ones mentioned here.

I have XP Home. I bought and installed Privacy Expert Suite last December, and then spent over a month trying to sus out a "disk error" in the Windows Event Viewer, Event ID7. Unfortunately the problem was masked because I had also installed a lot of other stuff too. My system was mangled and I had to resurrect the system files, and re-install a few things including my Norton Firewall. Finally, after eliminating everything else from my enquiries, I stopped the Acronis Malware shield from running at system start up. That solved it.

I have Norton System Works 2005 which includes Anti virus, and that seems to kick in a little differently now, so I wonder if that may have been in conflict with it, or was also affected by it.

I'm really just adding my two pence worth here - I didn't save any appropriate log files, so there's little point in my addressing Acronis support. Clearly there is something wrong with the Malware shield.

jessj

5. Acronis Support

Hello jessj,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Actually, we are waiting a release of a new build of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite which should fix this problem. We will certainly notify you when it will be released.

Please be aware that you can receive the latest information on Acronis software by signing up for Acronis Newsletter.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

6. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Please be aware that this issue was fixed in the latest build (1456) of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 9.0 which is available at the Product Updates section at our web site.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If you still experience this issue with the latest build then please feel free to contact us by submitting a request for technical support. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

7. vlodek

vlodek Registered Member

Hello Acronis,

Because I have strted this thread I just want to clarify that my issue was not fixed in the latest build. I am still getting the same blue screen as soon as Malware Shield service starts. Acronis support wants me to use selective start up and send new mini dumps plus system information files which I have done so many times before. I hope that the latest biuld solved other users' issues but for me is time to move on and find an alternative solution that works. I wish all other users more luck with Acronis software that I had.

vlodek

8. jessj

jessj Registered Member

Hi,

Apologies for having already mentioned this in another thread, but when I remembered this one I just had to add to it - because I had been in it before! So just wanted to say, the latest build, 1456, made matters considerably worse for me: the machine kept re-booting itself. Luckily there was just enough time to disable Malware Shield. It's rubbish, and I'm giving it up for now.

jessj

9. Acronis Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.