System ate up with trojan horses what should I do..

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by primey, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primey

primey Registered Member

I used SpyBot and removed 87 entries, so I figured it had a virus on it and I downloaded AVG and it detected a ton of Trojan Horses like Snubby.* backdoor trojans etc, AVG was not able to do anything with them. The system went to a crawl, so I had to uninstall AVG. Do you guys got any ideas or should I just format that this thing, its the bosses system, apparently he likes going to some unqiue websites..Thanks folks..

Primey..

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Primey. welcome to Wilders.

I would suggest following the comprehensive steps found in General Cleaning.

If these steps do not resolve your situation, you will need to download and run “Hijack This” found here and post your log at one of the forums found at A-SAP. The two bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than most others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com. Be sure to read their posting policy in the links at their log review forum sections prior to posting.

The steps mentioned in General Cleaning use software that ought to be part of your security, as an absolute minimum. As well there are discussions HERE and even more HERE.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

3. timnicebutdim

timnicebutdim Registered Member

I would also download microsoft antispyware ( http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx ) and a niffy tool called security task manager ( http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/ ), its very good at letting you know what processes on your computer do what and will let you know which ones seem more dangerous - usefull for spotting key logging programs that might be stealing your passwords, ect.

I had a similar problem to yours recently and although i am 100% sure my system is now clean i am still going to format it for peace of mind. You might be better off doing the same and starting with a clean install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.