SysRescue 5 - Comments and Questions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by VXB, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VXB

VXB Registered Member

I'm running a Win7 64 Bit and I want to create a SysRescue disk.

So I found this

KB SOLN2965: How do I use ESET SysRescue to create a bootable USB flash drive, CD or DVD on a 64-bit Windows system? (5.x)

So far so good. Solution
    I. Install Microsoft Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK)
    II. Create a SysRescue CD, DVD or USB flash drive
    ....1.Navigate to the ESET Download page and download a 32-bit installation of your ESET Security product from http://www.eset.com/download

:rolleyes: Downloading from there will only get you a small EXE useless piece of -beep- But since I have faith in God. I ran it anyway to be told I already have the latest and greatest. Grrrrrrrrrr.

I feel sorry for the poor little guys who don't know much about computers. Because they just reached a dead end following instructions.

I'm glad I know how to read and search... So I found this KB

KB SOLN2885: How to download and install my Windows ESET security product using the ESET offline installer (5.x)

Ahhhh. Now I can provide SysRescue the MSI it's looking for.

Comment: Can you update KB SOLN2965 and Clearly Specify that the user must download the OFFLINE INSTALLER OR Even Better point directly to the KB SOLN2885 - 32Bit Download?

Now the question - Is there a way to slipstream the MSI installer with the latest signature updates in order to keep a current version ready to go without downloading fat update files at each startup of the rescue CD?

Thanks

2. Fidelius

Fidelius Registered Member

Eset is the only vendor using such a complicated method in order to have a rescue CD. I suggest you to read the blog of raymond.cc called "13 Antivirus Rescue CDs Software Compared in Search For the Best Rescue Disk". All of them use a Linux LiveCD which build in 5 minutes. Personnally, I use Avira free rescue CD.

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I have contacted one of the technical writers responsible for Knowledgebase articles and asked that the article be updated.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Do the other discs use a version of Microsoft Windows, complete with Microsoft's own NTFS drivers, or do they make use of Linux and third-party file system drivers?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.