Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rdsu, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi,

Did someone have tried the new version [v9.0.0.338] of this antivirus?
    Does it continues to use a little resources?

The new version have a greats new features...

Here are the new features [v9.0.0.338]:

- Provides advanced, enterprise-wide virus protection and monitoring from a single management console
    - NEW! Expanded Threat Detection and Threat Categorization recognizes unwanted applications
    - such as spyware and adware
    - NEW! Threat Tracer identifies the source of blended threat attacks that spread via open file shares (e.g. Nimda)
    - NEW! Outbound email worm heuristics prevent client systems from spreading worms via email
    - NEW! Internet Email Attachment Scanning of incoming emails delivered through POP3 mail clients such as Microsoft® Outlook®, Eudora®, and Netscape Mail
    - NEW! Symantec VPN Sentry ensures systems are in full compliance with corporate policy prior to accessing corporate network resources
    - NEW! Store and Forward Alerts feature ensures that machines not connected to the network store and forward event data to administrators after reconnecting to the network
    - NEW! In-Memory Scanning detects threats and can terminate suspect processes in memory before they cause damage
    - NEW! Manageable Content Enforcement ensures that organizations stay current with their license agreements, preventing lapses in protection
    - Centralized network auditing capabilities help identify unprotected nodes, as well as those protected by Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition and select third-party security products
    - Backed by Symantec™ Security Response, the world's leading Internet security research and support organization

2. Aleco

Aleco Registered Member

Yes this is a much improved over version 8.1. It still is light on resources, but makes booting up a bit slower. In any case, some $300...$400 isn't really worth it for a single home user/ but for offices I could see the new threat detection coming in handy

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I've the same opinion as you, Aleco...

4. infini

infini Registered Member

I had problems with scheduling updates in the previous version (the client one). Has anybody tried sceduling updates in this version?

5. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

I know what you mean, the scheduling is pretty flakey with 8.1. Next week I'm upgrading the office to 9.0.0.338, I'll let you know how the scheduling works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.