Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rdsu, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi,

Did someone have tried the new version [v9.0.0.338] of this antivirus?
    Does it continues to use a little resources?

The new version have a greats new features...

Here are the new features [v9.0.0.338]:

- Provides advanced, enterprise-wide virus protection and monitoring from a single management console
    - NEW! Expanded Threat Detection and Threat Categorization recognizes unwanted applications
    - such as spyware and adware
    - NEW! Threat Tracer identifies the source of blended threat attacks that spread via open file shares (e.g. Nimda)
    - NEW! Outbound email worm heuristics prevent client systems from spreading worms via email
    - NEW! Internet Email Attachment Scanning of incoming emails delivered through POP3 mail clients such as Microsoft® Outlook®, Eudora®, and Netscape Mail
    - NEW! Symantec VPN Sentry ensures systems are in full compliance with corporate policy prior to accessing corporate network resources
    - NEW! Store and Forward Alerts feature ensures that machines not connected to the network store and forward event data to administrators after reconnecting to the network
    - NEW! In-Memory Scanning detects threats and can terminate suspect processes in memory before they cause damage
    - NEW! Manageable Content Enforcement ensures that organizations stay current with their license agreements, preventing lapses in protection
    - Centralized network auditing capabilities help identify unprotected nodes, as well as those protected by Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition and select third-party security products
    - Backed by Symantec™ Security Response, the world's leading Internet security research and support organization

2. Aleco

Aleco Registered Member

Yes this is a much improved over version 8.1. It still is light on resources, but makes booting up a bit slower. In any case, some $300...$400 isn't really worth it for a single home user/ but for offices I could see the new threat detection coming in handy

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I've the same opinion as you, Aleco...

4. infini

infini Registered Member

I had problems with scheduling updates in the previous version (the client one). Has anybody tried sceduling updates in this version?

5. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

I know what you mean, the scheduling is pretty flakey with 8.1. Next week I'm upgrading the office to 9.0.0.338, I'll let you know how the scheduling works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.