Sygate PFW rules for Azureus/Bit Torrents

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by taytong888, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taytong888

taytong888 Registered Member

Hi there,

I wish to try Azureus or Bit Torrents to download Linux programs. At the moment I have Win XP Home SP2 connected to the Net via DSL behind a DLink DI-624C wireless router. Could you help me with setting up Sygate firewall rules to enable Azureus or Bit Torrents such that these rules are compatible with the instructions specifically for DLink router? In other words, which ports and which protocols, etc. Thanks in advance.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well sygate doesnt need the rules because its an application based firewall. just allow the applications and youre done.

as for your router, visit this page.

first locate your router model (or one close to it) and after clicking it, then look for the program u want (in ur case azureus) and select it.

the resulting page should provide good info and screenshots to help you foward the right ports.

3. taytong888

taytong888 Registered Member

Hi WSfuser,

Thanks for the web page you gave me about port forwarding. After choosing a port number, one would need to enter a static IP address BUT I don't have any. So, what should I do? Should I choose another torrent client that does not require any static IP?

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

5. Uroboros

Uroboros Registered Member

Can you set a static IP in your router? In other words make it so the the specific PC you're on always gets the same IP from the router. Then you can forward ports that IP.

In my wireless router at least I know that I can assign a specific IP to my computer linked to it's MAC address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.