Sygate pers. 5 PRO vS Outpost 1.0 Pro

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by fatpizzaman, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatpizzaman

fatpizzaman Registered Member

Which one is better? What are your opinions?

2. root

root Registered Member

I'm partial to Outpost myself, but better is really a relative term.
    I have not tried Sygate since version 4.2. I always felt it was a good firewall, relatively simple to use. I cannot comment on version 5 since I have not used it.
    I am a beta tester for Outpost and I continue to be impressed with the power and features of the product.
    When version 1.1 comes out it will have an improved logging system, support ICS for XP, and fix a couple of other bugs that some have experienced. It should also pass all leak tests.
    I enjoy having the plugins for filtering purposes and they are independant of the firewall itself, so if you don't want to use them, they can be uninstalled.
    The IDS is very effecient. The ability to create rules is limited only by your imagination. I have never seen a more configurable firewall.
    Some of the users have put Outpost thru gruelling tests while submitting to NMAP scans, with multiple ports in use, the ability to continue surfing was not affected at all.
    The best test is to try it and see if you like it or not. Compare them both yourself.
    One caveat - please make sure no other firewalls are installed on your computer when you install Outpost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.