Sygate f'wall & "other..."

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by SG1, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

I tried most popular f'walls, tried Sygate's Pro 5.5 trial and then bought it (after reading that WINXP PRO's built in f'wall perhaps did not block alot of potential outgoing stuff).

I then did cut/paste of serial# etc. into Sygate f'wall, did online Registration etc., but see no such info about that in About box/area. (I know a few apps that also don't show similar info).

After I bought their f'wall, I d'l app from site that handles their online sales, and noticed a file size difference between trial ver. and the second d'l from - I think it is DigitalRiver who handles Sygate online sales - and I wonder if I should be using the 2nd downloaded version, perhaps? Just wondering about the file size difference, mainly.

A Sygate rep, in response to my query on this, indicated that if the online registration seemed to work then I'm registered: but again, I still wonder about the file size difference of the 2 versions. Anyone here really up on Sygate apps, that could comment on this (minor) query of mine? (The About box screenshot below's all that shows in f'wall - not usual name/serial # info, as seen in most apps that one buys).

Thanks, for info.
    SG1 (pat)
    ===========

Attached Files:

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

If I remember right, I believe that Sygate Pro will pop up with a registration message at boot time if you are NOT registered or have not entered your key. So, if you are seeing nothing when you boot up, then you should be ok.

3. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

The difference with that "trial" version and one you installed in file size might be that the other one was exe file and the other one was microsoft installer file .msi

The latter is significantly smaller.

4. Dave-54321

Dave-54321 Guest

The downloaded Sygate .exe contains the .msi within it, once executed the msi is extracted to a temporary location (can't remember where, but it is not removed after install either). You could actually find and keep that .msi to install at a later time as an alternative to the .exe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.