switching to NOD32 and why!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by wayne_b, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayne_b

wayne_b Registered Member

I hope I am not violating any rules? but some things are worth mentioning (IMHO)

Why I switched to NOD32, the deciding factor;

Tm has caused a major issue with all my SFX files created with WinRaR v. 3.41
    Tm flagged all my SFX files on all my backup drives and deleted/quarantined them, Tm FP flagged by labling the files as infected with "WORM_MUMU.E" a signature that Tm no longer uses (they claim)

PC-cillin IS 2005
    Current Information at time of problem:
    Tm PC-cillin Internet Security
    xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
    Program Version: 12.0.1244
    Engine Version: 7.100.1003
    Pattern Version: 2.281.00

Email Sent to TrendMicro;
    The Emails I received from Tm was of no help (instructing me to reconfigure the included Firewall, though I don't have it installed, something they don't understand)
    My response to Tm;
    The email I received from WinRaR;
    TM Flag though it states Quarantined, I could not recover all the files, this is just one sample of many, many flags regarding my SFX files;
    I had to disable Tm and move what was left to another drive not protected by Tm. I have since removed Tm PC-cillin I.S 2005 from ALL my systems and had to restore over 80gig’s of SFX files!

2. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

If you installed NOD32, Be sure to exclude your files in case NOD picks them up as False Positive, i have only had about 2 experiences with False Positives before and i repair virus infected computers every day.

3. wayne_b

wayne_b Registered Member

So far I have not experienced any issues with NOD. I shouldn't have to exclude these files ;) This is a shared drive I am currently using for my SFX files and prefer not to exclude anything.

-wayne

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Agreed, don't exclude unless there is an issue.

Cheers :D

5. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

I don't know, but reading such threads about irresponsive support and malfunctioning antiviruses (very believable, given my own experiences) just keep justifying my decision to pay for a software product, NOD32...
    I might repeat the same procedure for a firewall as well... :D

6. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

yeah i guess it depends on if they are a shared file such as a word document or in your case a SFX file, but in my cases it has been actualy files that are a part of a program, therefore must have to be excluded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.