Switching off email scanning for good?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by hutchingsp, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutchingsp

hutchingsp Registered Member

I'd like to confirm/clarify something if I may.

I'm evaluating NOD32 and want to completely switch off email scanning as we don't use pop3/imap we use Exchange with Outlook, and I found that having the email scanner running really slowed Outlook down.

However, if I disabled email scanning the NOD32 icon went yellow which would alarm our users.

Can I confirm if there is a way of disabling the email scanning completely (vs. simply turning off as much of it as possible) whilst having a nice healthy green icon?

Thanks in advance.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes . :)

Goto Advanced Setup tree -> Protocol filtering and set it to "Applications marked as..."

Then goto Email protection -> POP3 -> Email clients and uncheck all the email programs

Eventually visit Web access protection -> HTTP -> Web browsers and check only applications you want to be checked (preferably only web browsers such as IE , Mozilla , Opera , etc).

By doing this , we make NOD32 believe the email protection is active but disable the protocol filtering so that mail traffic (on port 110) is not scanned at all. You can additionally remove the NOD32 integration (icons) from the Advanced Setup Tree -> Miscellaneous -> Email client integration

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.