SWBlaster & SWGuard LiveUpdate Problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by wink, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wink

wink Registered Member

Hi,

I have noticed over the past week or so that the Live Update on the Blaster and Guard software has become very unreliable. When I go to check for new updates the software seems to freeze and the progress bar stays at around 20% complete. I close the update window and try again but with the same results. I check the running processes and see that the original update attempt is still running.

I realise the attached jpg image is pretty useless but I have no other information available :doubt:

I run Win2kSP3, TDS, Port Explorer, ZAPro, McAffee, I have used these ever since installing Guard and Blaster and they worked fine in the past

TIA
    Wink

Attached Files:

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Have you installed any new programs since just before this problem started? It is possible some necessary files were replaced with older version.

Could you try redownloading the VB 6.0 SP5 run-time from this location:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp5/WIN98Me/EN-US/vbrun60sp5.exe

Then, if the problem still occurs, could you try reinstalling SpywareBlaster v2.0.2 (this should hopefully verify the files are correct, and install the correct versions if necessary).

If you are still having this same problem after performing the steps above, please reply. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.