SWB speed in loading databases

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Tassie_Devils, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi guys. A while back in THIS THREAD I posted about slow loading of the Databases, downloading/verifying then re-enabling databases.

My experiences were not as bad as some, so I put up with it.

Now, about 3 days ago, I started SWB and the loading was done in less than 2 seconds. Huh? So I closed it, reopened it and yep, almost instantly.

Checked for new updates, got some, downloaded and it verified almost instantly, then I enabled all protection, again almost instanty.

I have since tried it several times and each time no slow down.

What changed?

OK, I have not done anything drastically at all, only loaded a Font Manager [that was AFTER my new discovery of speed up] and GIANT Anti-Spyware program prior to my finding it working good, and should not have altered it in any way.

Then it hit me. I have been playing around with Themes/Styles using StyleXP and changed my theme which I had previously downloaded from MS itself and installed/ran using WinTuneUp 2004 themes section, and had been using it for some time prior to the 3.2 version which was when the trouble occurred.

I had only started playing around with new themes/styles about a week ago.

Anyhow, I unloaded my current theme, went back to old one using WinTuneUp 2004 Themes/Styles which I had originally used, and the SWB SLOW LOADING WAS BACK.

Unloaded, reloaded my new theme via StyleXP, and whalla.. speed up back on.

So, in MY case it appears to have been combo of WinTuneUp 2004 with a theme in it.

Just wanted to let anyone know, *maybe they can resolve if using a different theme loaded by a 3rd party app rather than the default.

Of course, anyone using default and suffers slow down, this does not apply.

It's the only thing I can think of at this time.

Cheers, TAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.