SWB 3.2 manual updates don't work as per Tips/Tricks thread...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by firehawk, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firehawk

firehawk Guest

I've tried and tried to get the information in the "Tips & Tricks" to work, as far as manual updating. However, since just before 3.2 came out, there's been a problem that still isn't resolved. The files in the location listed in the Tips & Tricks article are either compressed or corrupt. They're far too small.

On my system (brand new 3.2 install):
    ckdatabase.dtb: 38KB
    rsdatabase.dtb: 294KB
    sbdatabase.dtb: 267KB
    sbdatabase2.dtb: 62KB
    sbinfo.dtb: 22KB

In the location listed (http://www.spywareblaster.net/spywareblaster31/):
    ckdatabase.dtb: 19KB
    rsdatabase.dtb: 151KB
    sbdatabase.dtb: 136KB
    sbdatabase2.dtb: 41KB
    sbinfo.dtb: 21KB

Also, these files are not just smaller...they're in a different format...again, either compressed or corrupt. When I open sbdatabase.dtb on my system, here's what the first few lines look like:

[Header]
    Date=7/7/04
    ListNumber=929

When I open the one in the update location, here's what I get:

HE3
    (various types of non-text characters)

It has been this way for several months now, and I've tried to use the newer files, only to have SWB puke every time.

I've written about this problem before, but I probably wasn't clear about it, since the reply was always a link back to the Tips & Tricks thread.

Please help...I have PCs at my job, and our firewall won't let the updater through. Thanks!

Mike

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Those files are indeed compressed and are decompressed by SpywareBlaster when they are present in the SpywareBlaster folder and it opens them for the first time.

The files located there (as linked in the tips and tricks thread) have been confirmed to be correct, and on most people's systems they work as they are supposed to. Unfortunately, there does appear to be a problem where some people constantly get corrupted downloads, though we don't know why as yet.

There's a little more on this topic here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=222436

3. firehawk

firehawk Guest

Whoa. It's working now. What did you do, LowWaterMark? :D

Thanks!

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.