SWAT IT

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by hendricus, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Hmm, I don't run AT (except for a little testing now and then). Not once during testing a trojan was detected.
    But that's not a big achievement: when the risks are limited, the measures to take are limited. No risk - no problem.

It's just a matter of risk analysis. Is your environment exposed to certain risks, then do whatever you can. When using (peer-to-peer) file sharing or while on line chatting without taking precautions, risks are there. But it's your responsibility as well.
    I'm not at risk: I'm a dull old timer ;), so I don't frequent risky environments and I use less vulnerable tooling. I don't need daily updates. Heck, I don't even need AT and maybe not even AV :blink:

2. controler

controler Guest

Some people are not so lucky. That is why I preach e-mail
    protection above all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am sure even an old dude like yourself must have that ey?

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Those interested: give Swat It a try after packing a server - UPX, AsPack, whatever. Looking forward to the scan results ;).

regards,

paul

4. wizard

wizard Registered Member

You can also unpack an already packed server like I did for my small test with a SubSeven server. ;) Also the archive scan function is not that nice because every file is extracted into the temp folder. And last but not least the scanning result was quit poor: It missed out several common backdoor trojans like Optix.

wizard

5. meneer

meneer Registered Member

off topic...
    :D :D
    Quite, I'm using Outpost and my AV is Avast on one system and Etrust AV on another. And one of my email addresses is hosted by myrealbox.
    And yes lucky: last 5 years my own scanners found 2 infected incoming mails, but The Bat! is invulnerable to these specific viruses/worms. Myrealbox catches some worms too :cool:

back on topic...
    Now this is less nice lesson to learn: Not all freebies are adviseable :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.