Svchost - suggest best rules please

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by act8192, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Is there anyway to have multiple rules in Appplications?
    I desperately need two svchost versions, at least
    1. for daily use - DHCP, nothing else
    2. For patches when I choose to install'm - need IE to run, need svchost out to port 80 (maybe even 443), maybe 53 by UDP but I think IE does it
    Suggestions?

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

If your Windows DNS-Client service is stopped or disabled, IE and other applications would be seen doing the DNS lookups.

In those application filtering IPs and ports fields, you can add multiple information. Separate using ; ...example;

53;80;443

192.168.1.1;192.168.1.2;192.168.1.3

3. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Phant0m,
    svchost is always a can of worms.

Anyway,
    DNS client is off here, always, and internet apps have 53 under udp and other usual ports for TCP. IE is normally disabled, except for when I do windows update. So I have no problems here.

BUT...
    It appears we can't make a second app rule to be toggled on and off for when I do windows update, where it does need internet. I tried, it didn't work.
    I know the ports to put in, but would prefer for it never to be active in normal, daily use.
    Bottom line - I guess it's ok considering AV, and LnS, and your tight rules and SSM(hips).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.