svchost.exe crash-> tried already everything...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Swen, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swen

Swen Registered Member

Hi there,

Recently we installed NOD32 (2.70.32) at a customer. On 3 pc's we have a problem with svchost.exe which crashes when the pc shows the 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' screen. The pop-up shows: 'De instructie op Ox77dae37b verwijst naar geheugen op OxOOOOOOOO, De lees- of schrijfbewerl<ing ("read") op het geheugen is rnislukt,
    Klik op OK om het programma te beeindlqen.
    Klik op Annuleren om fouten op te sporen in het programma' (Sorry, this is Dutch. I don't know the exact English error). In the event viewer there's an event with ID 1004 telling the following: Vastgelopen toepassing: svchost.exe, versie: 5.1.2600.2180, vastgelopen module: rpcrt4.dll, versie: 5.1.2600.2180, vastgelopen op: 0x0000e37b. (Sorry, this is also Dutch. ). When I press the 'Ok' button, the pc starts rebooting in 60 seconds.
    When I don't I can work normaly. Svchost.exe does not eat many CPU resources.

I already had 1 pc installed with a clean Windows XP SP2. The error still shows up when NOD32 is installed. After that I installed al Windows Updates without any result. I installed the latest drivers, etc. When I uninstall NOD32 the error is gone and the pc works fine. There is no other anti-virus software installed. The only firewall installed is the Windows firewall. I scanned the pc for spyware without any result. I tried everything from thread "RPC crashes after NOD32 installed. ", also without any result.
    Who can help??

Thanks,
    Swen

2. Swen

Swen Registered Member

Oke, I solved the problem. The RPC Services starts with the Network Service account. I changed it to Local System Account and the problem is solved.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks for letting us know :thumb:

4. Swen

Swen Registered Member

The problem is back again..... It seems that it didn't work at all.
    Anyone other suggestions??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.