Suspicious File Name

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by WilliamP, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I just ran a TDS3 scan. It told me there is A Suspicious File Name .It said HTA file in suspicious location C:\system volume restore(31414675-6cbe-463. What in the world is it trying to tell me. I have just had to reload Windows xp and update. What should I do?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi William P, You can delete the restore points, where there is possibly a malicious file.
    start - Help & support - sytem restore - system restore settings - turn off system restore. Reboot then go back to system restore and turn on the restore - then create a new restore point.
    By doing this you will clear all the old restore points and create a new one that should be clean. Re-scan with TDS

HTH Pilli

3. WilliamP

Thank you Pilli. Thats not going to cause me any problems , is it? :oops:

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Just so you know, this is probably a safe HTA file. TDS is a little sensitive on these files and changes in XP cause a few alarms from time to time

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Only if you want to go back to a time of one of your earlier restore points where you know you did not have a problem. i.e before an infection.
    Also note that using a restore point does not effect any data created after you return to any particular restore point - email, My documents etc as the changes are system changes and not your personal data :)

As Gavin says you probably do not need to worry :)

6. WilliamP

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.