Suspected FP - File 22mb ( Avira )

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by beethoven, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

One of my pc running Avira is blocking access to a data management program. The program is a commercial legit program that I have been using for several years. I suspect Avira's latest definitions are wrong and while I am able to scan the file via the lan with mbam and nod4 (coming up clean) , I wonder if there is any function to upload such a big file to have the full checkup. Seems to me that both Virustotal and Jotti limit at 20mb.
    I previously used Avira to alert them to a FP but their site seems to limit any submission to 8mb.

Any suggestions?

2. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

Re: Suspected FP - File 22mb

You could "right click" scan the file with Hitman Pro. It will scan it with multiple AV engines. That should give you enough of an idea if it's infected or not.

http://www.surfright.nl/en

3. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

You can have a go extracting the contents of the file using a program like UniExtract and then identifying the detected item within it (scanning using Avira) - that should be much smaller than the installer as a whole, hopefully small enough to submit to Avira.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i would advice to contact support and explain the situation. im sure they will find a way to accept a file bigger than 8mb via ftp or another method.

5. m0unds

m0unds Guest

i'd take dawgg's suggestion and extract the file contents with uniextract and identify which component of the installer (presuming that's what it is) is being detected by avira, and submit that file as an fp via the quarantine file submission dingus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.