Survived 5418 catastrophe, but now WIFI broken on scores of laptops

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Chompy, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chompy

Chompy Registered Member

Well...I got 5418'd yesterday and lost all day and night cleaning up the mess. I now have dozens of users that do not have network connectivity via WiFi...

Wireless NIC grabs an IP via DHCP but cannot ping, surf, etc. over wireless NIC.

Uninstalled ESET---no luck....I am out of patience, but trying to smile...

Please someone tell me that there is a solution. I've opened a case with support but I would imagine the queue is horrendous...

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried running this Update Fix? It was updated a while ago and works in cases when ekrn got into an unresponsive state after an update to v. 5417/5418.
    If running the tool and updating to the latest version 5421 doesn't make any difference, it's very unlikely there would be a direct connection with the recent problems. In such case, could you try disabling each of the protection modules, one at a time, as well as disabling HTTP scanner in the main setup (F5) to see if the problem disappears?

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Which versions of Microsoft Windows and ESET NOD32 Antivirus are running on the notebook computers?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. Chompy

Chompy Registered Member

Thanks everyone...should have been more descriptive. The laptops are running Windows XP SP3. I resolved the issue(s), which turned out to be separate interim causes, but all stemming from the 5418 incident.

Local users were not able to connect to wireless because my IAS server used for WPA authentication was still hung due to original 5418 update and I did not realize it was down. Had to do a hard reset twice, but it came back up.

Several remote users had incorrectly explained problem to me, and could not connect to our VPN, which also authenticates against the same IAS server, which was hung.

Kind of comical--I can laugh now, but oh the frustration....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.