Supported External Device?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tim Martin, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Martin

Tim Martin Registered Member

For the purpose of building image backups, I just bought Acronis True Image 8.0 along with an external DVD recorder.

I have TI 8.0 build 791. The external device is the Memorex External USB 2.0 Dual Format Double Layer recorder.

It seems that True Image did not recognize that my external recorder could burn DVDs as well as CDs. I had to make my first image backup to CD. Since this was just a test for me, I was backing up a new load of Windows 2000 and it fits on one CD.

Was I doing something wrong? Would anyone know if this is a problem fixed in a later build. And/or, Does Acronis publish a list of backup devices?

Thanks, Tim

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Tim,

Firstly, it's a "feature" of TI that the Create Image Wizard will display your DVD drive as a CD-RW drive. Just ignore it. Secondly, when imaging "direct" to DVD you need to use DVD+/-RW media that has been preformatted using UDF packet writing software such as Nero InCD or Roxio Drag-to-Disk (alternatively, you could use DVD+R but only if "preformatted" via Roxio Drag-to-Disk). The packet writing software needs to be running in the background whilst the imaging is being created. Have a read of <Acronis Online FAQ #21> for further details on how to burn images to DVD.

Build 791? :eek:. If you are a registered user of TI 8.0 I strongly recommend that you log into your account and update to the latest (and final) build, which is 937. After installing Build 937, create a new bootable rescue CD and check whether, after booting from it, TI correctly detects your internal and external drives. If so, you should be good to go.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.