Support Response Time

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dpg70, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpg70

dpg70 Registered Member

Anyone have any idea on the kind of response time you can expect from Acronis support? I submitted an issue on 9/24 and still have not received anything other than the initial auto response.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the time they take to reply. But it could be at least two weeks, sometimes more than a month.

You will quicker get a reply from the regulars here in the forum.

3. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

I have pursued this topic for a couple of month.
    The response time is approx. 14 days.

Bummer.

I'm not sure but I think that after 14 days the concerned poster don't need any support furthermore.
    Either the problem is solved by himself or he decided to buy annother software or he surrenders.

Acronis would get a better image if they would have answered the questions earlier.
    To answer a question after e.g. 4 days makes NO additional work and expense than to answer after 14 days...EXCEPT a better image and the feeling for the users to get support.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I think the release of ATI11 put a substantial load on Tech Support resources. It's certainly a reasonable presumption given the probs in ATI11 vs earlier versions.

Some folks get helped right away but certainly not everyone. And remember that the front in Tech Support for any software company of significant size is a contract employee working from, basically, a "knowledge base" or Trouble shooting if/then guide (if the prob is this, then try this, if that doesn't work, try this). The number of employees working under a particular contract determines the response time. When a buggy product, say ATI11, is released, response times can drastically slow down as the workload is substantially increased. Then the software maker either contracts for additional supoprt or decides to ride it out until the next version is released.
    The next ATI is reportedly to be release on or about Oct 12.

5. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

You may be right but what I don't understand is that the margin of time is always the same. Approximate 14 days.
    For my sake Acronis_Support can ignore all issues up to 29th September.
    If they start the support from issues opened on 29th now they can retain the margin.

Has been 'GA' in Germany for some days :)

6. dpg70

dpg70 Registered Member

Thanks for keeeping the discussion going. 10/11 and still no response. I just bought my first Acronis product in August and I've never gotten it to work correctly. I gotta say, it may very well be my last. Even Symantec's support is more responsive than this garbage, and that is no small statement at all.

Anyways, if someone from support cares, my case number is 1708229. Maybe you could put down the Twinkie and look into it?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dpg70,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please collect some additional information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please collect the acronis_backup_place.cfg from the folder where Acronis Backup Location is created.

Please also create a screenshot of the folder in Windows Explorer.

Please send the collected information with a reply to the message with Acronis request number you received, or post it here. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

To expedite the resolution I may recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. martymonster

martymonster Registered Member

Hmm, pretty standard form response offering no real help.
    I have raised support contacts weeks ago and still have not had the decency of a response other than the automated email.
    I also tried the Live Chat but it said it was not available.

I have given up waiting for a response and have decided NOT to purchase any more of your products due to crappy support and (by reading posts in this forum) a not so good V2009 of the product.

9. dpg70

dpg70 Registered Member

All data has been collected and sent via email. I will attempt Live Chat in a few days to follow up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.