Support for Intel SATA Raid Controllers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by amollerup, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amollerup

amollerup Registered Member

I have an Intel SRCS14L 4-port SATA raid controller with 3 drives in a RAID5 stripe.
    When I boot from the Acronis CD (TI 8.0 build 1124), and I select the full version, I end up with a black screen and a blinking underscore on the left side towards the top of the screen. Nothing else happens after this.
    Is my RAID controller supported? Or is this a different problem?

Regards,

Andreas

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. amollerup

amollerup Registered Member

I booted from an earlier Acronis Rescue CD (version 8.0, build 774). This CD has the old interface (No boot menu, no safe mode) and it works.

However, when using the build 1124 boot CD, the troubleshooting steps suggested in the previous post didn't work. I can't get to the console; when I hit F11 and remove "quiet", Acronis still loads normally until I get the balck screen with the blinking cursor. This means I am unable to provided the "sysinfo.txt" file.
    I can get to safe mode, however, but it doesn't help me, as I need network and USB access.

Andreas

4. Quantronics

Quantronics Registered Member

Andreas, I have the same setup and have had success in getting my Raid setup to me recognized. I problem is that I haven't been able to boot of the image drive. Gives me an error every time I boot from the new restored drive.

Regards,
    Erich

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Andreas,

Could you please tell what happens after you remove the word "quiet" in the "Linux Kernel Settings" and press "Ok"? You should see the blue splash screen with Acronis logo on it and then the output strings. Please write down the last strings you see and send them to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread or use digital camera to take a photo of the output and send it to us.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.