Support for direct burning to DVD yet?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by webdev, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdev

webdev Registered Member

After complaining via email to Acronis support I was today sent an email with a link to download another build (yet again).

According to Acronis this build (#2323) is completely fixed. In their own words: "We do not expect any problems with it since it was checked very carefully."

That is very reassuring considering the number of threads I have seen here regarding this build & all previous builds - or maybe rather than reassuring it is just a "sales pitch".

Anyway before wasting my time downloading/uninstalling the existing build & installing the latest Acronis TI9 build #2323 - I want to know one thing:

Has Acronis finally fulfilled their promised commitment to have the ability to burn direct to DVD from within the TI9 program?

I specifically asked this in my query to Acronis support - however they chose (deliberately or otherwise) not to mention anything about it in their emailed response.

So can somebody with build #2323 tell me if direct DVD burning is supported in this build?

Thanks heaps.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

No it isn't. You still need to run third-party UDF packet writing software in the background.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello webdev,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As Menorcaman said above Acronis True Image 9.0 still doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software. Please read more information on how to burn your images to DVD in this FAQ article.

The ability to burn images directly to DVD will certainly be implemented in the future versions of a particular software, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.