Superantispyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by larryb52, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

Please if the makers of that program would please list actman.dll as not a spyware item I would appreciate. I just reloaded this program & used it forgetting it tears up my those files making my football & baseball games useless. I than have to call the company to get a new code to loc the games down, I write this just in case anyone else is using that dll for a good program thanks...in the future please ad a place where you can exclude directories & I wouldn't have this problem however over all an excellent program except for this error...

2. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

You can exclude files and directories. Also, this would be better posted at their forums.

3. larryb52

thanks but what's wrong with posting it here?, is it a crime?, I didn't know they had a forum!, for crying out loud is everyone here so unhelpful the best they can do is redirect people. I'm sorry but I very well may have to pay 50 dollars tomorrow to get resets on my games I needed to tell people that their stuff screwed up my games, I really am sorry but I wanted help not redirection...fed up...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2008
  4. ambient_88

Whoa, calm down for a second. Just because I suggested that you go to their forums doesn't mean I'm unhelpful. Besides, going to their forums directly is better since you are dealing directly with their staff and (loyal) users. Remember, the developers of SAS doesn't always visit Wilders. Also, why would you need to pay $50 for resets? Wouldn't reinstalling work? If you have to pay... then I think it's bogus.

Did SAS quarantined or deleted your files? Because if it quarantined it, you can still recover the files. If deleted, well, I am not sure.

Tip: Know the support structure of a company you're dealing with before purchasing/using their product(s).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2008
  5. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Have you submitted it as a false positive? Did you submit a support request on our site?

6. larryb52

no, I went back a day using restore and solved the issue thanks...software has been removed...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Actually I think it's a terrific idea to post issues like this here at Wilders where a larger membership gets to read about what users are experiencing. I concur that help may be obtained quicker at the company's site, but posting here casts a broader net, and sometimes brings developers running because of the added incentive to solve a problem in front of a large group of people who are not necessarily fans. :thumb:

8. ambient_88

That may be true, but he had technical problems with the program. The first thing I would do is contact the developers directly, not post at a general security forum.

9. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

It doesn't bring developers running it actually causes more work because we have to hunt down posts like this instead of them being directly posted on our forum or support system where we can help the users within minutes instead of hours.

In the case of this supposed false positive, if the user would have simply reported it to us, we could have removed it on the next update a few hours later - but by posting here and not getting us the information the false positive can't be removed as we don't have the file and the potential of other users having the same issue is there.

10. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

larryb52, it's sort of hard for a developer to fix an issue if they don't know about it or and haven't submitted it.

BTW, SuperAntiSpyware just made a sale last night, removing the most miserable pest either my wife or I have experienced, called antivirus 2009.

11. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

You've got your opinion, I've got mine. But everytime you post here you strengthen my contention.

12. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

It's ok that you are not a fan of SUPERAntiSpyware - over 10 million people are, so there has to be people that aren't, it's just part of the way things work in the world :)

13. larryb52

I'll attached it to a PM here if you don't mind. It's an innocent dll, that if not in use make 2 of my games useless. FWIW when I purchased 3 , that's right 3 licenses I signed up for updates from the company. I haven't heard a word...Unfortunately I found out about you product here at Wilders & my bad for assuming I could get a problem resolved here. Perhaps as an aside you license agreement would supply an e-mail for problems...thanks

14. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Go ahead and send the file to samples AT superantispyware.com and flag it as a false positive and I'll get it removed today. As for not hearing from us, we do updates almost every day as you can see here:
    http://www.superantispyware.com/definitionupdatehistory.html

As for getting support, there are links IN SUPERAntiSpyware and all over the website as far as how to get help, in addition we have our full support center here:
    http://www.superantispyware.com/support.html

We ceratainly provide many ways to get ahold of us - and INSIDE the product, there is a big REPORT FALSE POSTIVE button to report anything detected that should not be - that immediately sends us the file and how it was detected so we can update our definitions.

Thank you for sending the file so we can get this handled immediately.

15. larryb52

I'm sorry I just get busy & it's end of mth here in a bank so again sorry, I do the best I can when I have more time,

16. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We are always available to help our users - whenever you need it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.