SUPERAntiSpyware v.5.0.1118 free not keeping settings

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 06Dolphin_Spirit, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 06Dolphin_Spirit

06Dolphin_Spirit Registered Member

Hello,
    Here's a weird situation.
    I have SAS v.5.0.1116 free on Win XP Home 32bit (desktop) and SAS v.5.0.1118 free on Win XP Pro 32bit (laptop).

The first one keeps my prefered settings just fine. The second one though gives me trouble, as none of the changes I make to the default settings stay; at every start up, SAS goes by the default settings. For example:
    Unticked the "Show splash screen on startup", ticked the "Don't show this message again" in the exti confirmation screen, ticked "Terminate memory threats before quarantining", ticked "Ignore files larger than 4MB".
    I even changed the Scan Mode, yet it reverts back to "Quick Scan".

I've uninstalled it using the SAS Uninstaller (so did the reboot) and clean installed it again, twice so far to no avail, still the same behavior.

Some help, please.
    TA

EDIT
    I just tried v.5.0.1116 on the Win XP Pro 32bit, installing it for current user and for all users, with the same results.
    Another thing I noticed is that on the Win XP Pro 32bit machine I'm offered a newer version while on the Win XP Home 32bit machine I'm not.
    What gives?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.