SUPERAntiSpyware v.4.41.1000 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by hayc59, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

According to a couple of online speed tests, one says: 600.005 KB.

Another test says: 2.34 Mbps for Download Speed and 0.37 Mbps for Upload Speed.

I'm also using a Netgear router, Windows firewall, avast! antivirus, and Prevx SafeOnline.

2. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Apparently, SUPERAntiSpy must not have appreciated my answer. :D However, I'm sure that everyone doesn't have full-powered highspeed. Some people only have highspeed lite. :)

3. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Actually, I took a test at another site and I clocked in at 844.99 kbps and 103.15 KB/sec, which reminded me that I had upgraded from highspeed lite to regular highspeed. :D Although, another test site(cnet.com) clocked me in at 1933 kbps. o_O

4. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The speed of your connection is fine, it shouldn't take that long - have you tried disabling your other security software (as a test) to see if the time is shorter?

5. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Such as my ant-virus and Prevx SafeOnline, which are my only real-time software programs(besides my firewall)? If yes, no, I haven't tried disabling any of those.

6. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Well, I disabled my Avast anti-virus and Prevx SafeOline when downloading updates and that seemed to have worked. However, I tried that today, but the Update dialogue box still seemed to hang a bit. But I clicked on the "Update" link again and then another Update dialogue box updated pretty quickly, but the previous Update dialog box was still stuck on my screen. o_O

However, I eventually clicked on 'Start' and 'Turn Off Computer' and let the screen go gray for a few seconds, and then I clicked on 'Cancel' and then the hanging Update dialogue box disappeared.

7. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Also, I wanted to mention that there could be a "patience" issue going on here with me.

SAS takes a little bit longer to download updates than some applications....and even though it takes longer than a minute, it still takes about less than two minutes. Therefore in addition to turning off Prevx and Avast, I just need to be a little bit more patient with the download. :)

However, in one of your future versions, it would be nice to have a 'percentage' indicator associated with your update downloader similar to the way that some applications have. :)

8. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Version 5.0 has that, as well is 30% smaller definition files :)

9. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Cool. :cool: I'll have to download version 5.0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.