SuperAntiSpyware Problems; Someone Please Help

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Bitten By C Bug, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bitten By C Bug

Bitten By C Bug Registered Member

I recently installed RC 1 of new SAS 4.2 on vista hp x32 and it kept giving me this error Program compnent couldn't open because "MSVCP71.dll" isn't found. So noticing on other puters at a friends house also i decided to do a system restore point prior to installing SAS rc1 4.2 my question is split into 2 here== since i restored prior to installing SAS can i safely delete program files directory, program data, and common files "WiseInstallation" and my download w/o any ill affects?
    #2 Does anyone know why this certain file would be missing on vista and xp machines since it is a common file from what i gathered via googling. I'm not a pc savy peep in any means but since i did a system restore prior to installing SAS i manually had to update other on demand scanners such as MBAM but why not nod32, i'm really confused any help would be appreciated greatly. TYIA; Sincerely BbCb

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We have not had this report - which version exactly of 4.20 were you running? The public release is 4.20.1046.

3. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

4. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

My SAS just updated (via auto update) to 4.2.1046 and did not have this problem so far.

Cheers.
    Lu Chin

5. Bitten By C Bug

Ty, for prompt reply but yes it was the release candidate1 for version 4.2 as stated yesterday i was not sure what to do so i did a system restore prior to installing sas but the program files directory, program data, common files wise inst wizard still reside in such places, while sas is no longer installed do i need to delete them folders and the rc1 of 4.2 reboot and download the "now" public release and install freshly?? Too add to that i will attach the error we are all recieved using that rc1 4.2 relase.. tyia all for your replies i just adore sas as an on demand scanner in safe mode or desktop mode and first time we have ever came acrossed this issue with a common file.. Sincerely; BbCb
    "image attached" I apologize for not replaying to version here is another image of the program properties.

Still would like to know about those folders after doing a sys restore? Do i delete program files folder sas, program data folder, common files folder c:programfiles/commonfiles/wiseinstalltion, and delete the exe. also before attempting to download a fresh copy. I didn't uninstall sas no we all were experiencing same issues and thought maybe something odd was happening so just did sys restore b4 the app was installed now just need a lil guidance to correct my mistakes i do believe. Sincerely BbCb

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  6. Bitten By C Bug

I'm really not sure what to do here and do sincerely apologize for re-initiating this post but showed the error i was receiving as well as 3 others and program version. I really just need to know 1 thing since i did do a sys restore point on these machines at home and over phone is it "safe" to delete the c:program files/sas directory; c:program data which has no data in it sas, and the c:program files common files directory for the wise installation wizard, and delete this possibly corrupted download and then start fresh by downloading and purchasing saspro, i don't want to proceed until directed properly. Thanks In Adavance; anyone
    BbCb

7. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

Nick,

Question, .... I really like SuperAdBlocker very much and was wondering .....

1) Do you have an updated timetable as to the release of an "updated" -SuperAdBlocker with the latest SAS engine, as well as, a standalone version of SuperAdBlocker without the SAS component (you had mentioned awhile back around summer release, I think).

2) Also, will there be less cpu utilization in the "Real-Time" protection of the SAS component within the next release of SuperAdBlocker ? ... It appears to me to have a heavy cpu utilization on my pc, involving (from what I can detect) some interaction with monitoring the activity of the NVIDIA software driver used on a T61 Thinkpad notebook. .... I would love to use the real-time component, but effects my graphics response too much.

8. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

SAS and SAB usually use very low amount of CPU. However there looks like there is a problem with some NVIDIA drivers. See this topic on their forum http://forums.superantispyware.com/viewtopic.php?t=1761

9. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We don't have a specific release date but are actively working on the update to SAB plus lots of goodies for SAS :)

The NVIDIA driver issue seems to be very rare (out of our 10+million users) we are trying to narrow it down to see what's going on and resolve the problem.

10. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Simply update your definitions and you will not have this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.