SuperAntiSpyware PAID vs. FREE version question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by LuckMan212, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuckMan212

LuckMan212 Registered Member

Hi I am looking for a brief answer on whether to buy the Pro/paid version of SuperAntiSpyware. I am not going to be running its resident features, and will just use it as an on-demand scanner. Do I gain any other benefits of using the Paid version if I am not going to use the realtime protection?

As a matter of fact, I was worried that the paid version would have no way to disable or turn off its resident features. I am most concerned with system performance and do not want too many resident programs. I currently only use NOD32 2.7 for active protection. Everything else is on-demand. Looking for advice. Thanks :cautious:

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

You gain automated updates ;)

3. LuckMan212

is that it? what about rootkit detection? is rootkit detection the same in the free ver as in the paid one? I heard elsewhere on the forum that the kernel mode detection is only enabled in the paid version...?

4. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

Hi LuckMan212

Heres what the website shows in comparison between the 2.

http://superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

I will give Nick a shout to confirm on this but as far as i am aware the free version contains the fully functioning detection and cleaning component of the Pro software.

IRC the free version dose load stuff into resident memory at bootup(Drivers/DLL) for its technology but this is where SAS gets its edge on a whole heap of the more entrenched infections(inc many RK's) inorder to effectively deal with them.It boils down to who gets their hook into the kernel first wins;)

HTH:)

BTW if your looking for saving resources the best way to evaluate SAS memory use is to compare it with its fellow ASW softwares in which case you will find it is one of the smaller footprints about:)

5. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The Professional key features are the automatic updates, scheduled scanning, real-time protection and First Chance Prevention which detects and removes many nasty infections before they can take hold during boot up.

The real-time component can be disabled if you are concerned about resources, although we have specifically designed SUPERAntiSpyware to co-exist peacfully with other anti-virus and anti-spyware applications.

There are also several items slated for the 2007 development year that will only be in the Professional version.

As a paid user, you also receive priority customer service and free priority system diagnostic should you have something we (SAS) (or others) don't detect and remove properly.

Purchasing the Professional also helps forward the continued development and support of our products - without support from our users, either donations and/or upgrades, we would not be able to continue - it takes lots of resources on a daily basis to keep up with the nasty spyware that comes out every day :)

6. LuckMan212

thank you for the info, I will go ahead and purchase the professional version :)

I have a question: if I run NOD32 + SAS together do they peacefully get along? Should I disable anything in NOD or in SAS so they dont "overlap"? For example, NOD has a feature "detect Potentially Unwanted Applications" which is supposed to detect some spyware, etc. I assume that SAS will perform this task better and so should I disable that to save resources? Thank you very much

7. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

disabling any feature of nod32 wont really save resources, and they dont conflict so better keep it on.

8. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

From all our experiences and testing, and with the number of users using the two together, I don't *believe* there should be any problems or conflicts. If there are, of course do not hesitate to let us know!

Thank you for your support of SUPERAntiSpyware!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.