SuperAntiSpyware - No Updates

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by asr, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asr

asr Registered Member

I have not seen any updates for a day now, anyone else having this issue? Submitted a request to support, but no response yet. Is this a normal for them not to issue updateso_O? Appreciate members help and response:)

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Last update I received was Feb. 17.

3. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Me to took it off my system....gone

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

asr, normally, SAS does not update during Saturday and Sunday. At the least that's the update pattern I have experienced.

5. asr

asr Registered Member

Thank you for your response, it is appreciated:D I was getting a bit concerned.
    Thank God for this forum and members, I always get a good response:) :)

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

asr, you're welcome! Take care.

7. gery

gery Registered Member

my pro SAS was updated two hours ago
    have had no problems so far in terms of updates

8. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Core: 8260 Trace: 6072 on their website has not changed in two days. Do you have a different trace number? I am also running SAS Pro. I have not used this program in awhile and have lifetime license. Thought I would try it again. It runs light and does not conflict with other programs in my signature.

9. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I have free version Core 8206 Trace 6018. Just fired up laptop it has not updated anything in about three weeks due to no use it updated too underlined.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  10. asr

asr Registered Member

I am running pro......core 8206 6072 def also...........has not updated for over a day now..............something is not right for sure. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! program version 501144

11. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I have the freeware 5.0.1144/8260, as has been said earlier, I have never known SAS to update on weekends.

12. asr

asr Registered Member

Thanks Daveski17 appreciate your comment. Will sit tight and wait for update.

13. m0use0ver

m0use0ver Registered Member

Do you mean to say paying customers are not protected from new malware that is released over the weekend o_O

I hate to say it but the malware servers dont take weekends off so IMHO nor should any respectable security company :rolleyes:

14. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

15. asr

asr Registered Member

Thank you JRViejo for the link, much appreciated. What is interesting MouseOver made a valid point about malware does not take a vacation. Since there has been no update for 2 days now, how many new malware defs have been created that SuperAntispyware will not detect? He is right I have paid for the protection, and should expect protection. I'm not criticizing, but just pointing out a valid statement. Thanks to everyone for their input and insight on this issue.

Just a note: I have sent a request to support, in this issue and to date no reponse.

16. Daveski17

It's Monday 20:08 GMT & I have just tried to update once or twice & it keeps informing me I am up to date. My guess is that this is some glitch at their end.

17. Daveski17

I will check out the SAS forums shortly. I'm pretty sure that others are noticing this.

18. Daveski17

AFAIK most anti-malware updates are a bit time lagged by days anyway. By the time the SAS guys (or anyone else) have detected stuff & turned it into an update you aren't going to get it much faster than a couple of days anyway.

As to the lack of updating it could just be gremlins at their end & they are hoping no one notices until they get it fixed.

19. asr

asr Registered Member

veski17

Thanks Daveski17 for your help......... I am sure its a glitch of some sort. I still have not received a reply from support which I have submitted 2 days ago, which is a bit unusual. This is the first time this has happened to me with any software on updates without a answer or response why. Will sit tight and wait.:thumb:

20. Daveski17

From what I can gather from their forum quite a few people are noticing this. It's probably a server problem. I'm going to just sit tight as well. It's probably better than trying a fresh install or something.

21. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

I experienced some issues running update last week, so I did a manual definitions update.

hxxp://cdn.superantispyware.com/SASDEFINITIONS.EXE

After that, update is running fine.

22. Daveski17

It's working now. I now have Database Version 8262. :)

23. asr

asr Registered Member

Thanks to everyone that helped with their suggestions!!!!! Appreciate the team work and expertise. As a note I finally got a response from support after 3 days of no updates. Their response was updates were now available!!!!:blink:

24. Daveski17

You're welcome asr. I've always liked SAS, it may be going through 'interesting times' at present, but it has still given me far less problems than other anti-malware programs I've ran in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.