SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0 Pre-Release - Final Has Been Released!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hayc59, May 18, 2014.

1. sas_dave

sas_dave Registered Member

Are you getting high CPU load with no visual activity when you click Start? What it's doing is looking in each of those listed categories to see if there's anything worth investigating before it starts enumerating everything (it's building the wizard and omitting the pages that have no relevant content). It should be pretty quick to start, but if it turns out to be too laggy we might end up doing the check in the background while we show pages that will always have content (running processes, etc..).

2. DBone

DBone Registered Member

On my W7 x64 machine, when a scheduled scan is running I am unable to open the UI from either the tray icon or the start menu shortcut. Only when the scan is finished can I open the UI. Is this normal behavior?

3. sas_dave

No, that will need to be fixed. I'm guessing the scheduled scan is configured to hide the UI?

4. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Yes, hide the UI is selected.

5. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I presume, you mean when I start the SAS scan I initiated for System Investigator, or am I mistaken?

I am just halting the scan so I can take screenshots at the various stages before I click next....I see no adverse CPU load.

6. sas_dave

Ahh, ok, I saw the three screen shots, each with progressively higher CPU usage, but no other activity; thought you were showing a situation where you clicked "start" but it was sitting there spinning its wheels.

7. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I so happens I have taken some screenshots of these recommended updates, but have ignored for the time being, because I think they relate more to the old SAS.

ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_61.gif ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_62.gif

ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_63.gif ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_64.gif

ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_65.gif

8. sas_dave

Well, some of those files are relevant to v6, I haven't a clue why it would think the ones you have are missing or the wrong version (you can see they haven't changed in a long time). Maybe there was a problem while it was installing and they didn't get copied correctly? Under in your \program files\superantispyware folder, are those files are truly not there? Reinstalling the pre-release should fix it, though letting the updater replace the missing files would most likely work just fine (none of the files listed are new for v6).

9. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I was thinking something along those lines, so I took a screenshot of my SAS progarm folder. Some of the old was subtracted it seems...I have a hybrid SAS! ...or is that custom SAS?

ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_69.gif

10. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I would like to add a suggestion that I think would really cleanup the Pro experience. If you could add a "Hide UI" setting in the System Tools > Preferences > Startup Scanning setting (applicable for all scan types) it would be great. In its current config, I have to close two different windows after a boot time critical point scan, and it feels cumbersome.

11. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

When I launched the installer for the new version, I got this warning which complied with...

ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_01.gif ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_02.gif ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_03.gif

ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_04.gif

12. sas_dave

That all looks like normal behavior for the uninstall. It moves/renames files that are in-use to the temp folder then adds them to the pendingfilerename key to be deleted when you next reboot. When you reinstall on top of an existing installation it doesn't monkey with your program data/configuration settings though, only the program files. Did reinstalling resolve your missing file problem?

13. sas_dave

I'll check out the startup scanning on Monday to see if we could put that in there for this version. I'm guessing it would be easy enough.

14. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I haven't tried that, yet. I might carry on with setup as is for the time being...

But, I did note that I didn't get this warning, this time around...like I did for v6.0.1020, from a couple of weeks ago.

ScreenShot_SAS_v6.0 prerelease_01.gif ScreenShot_SAS_v6.0 prerelease_02.gif

15. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Great to hear................. Thanks for the consideration. :)

16. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

When will the final version be released?

17. sas_dave

Last I heard we're looking at a July or August release. New pre-release builds will continue to be posted until then as we add features or make adjustments. I personally consider it stable enough to use instead of 5.7 right now; we just don't have all of our new features in there yet.

18. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

New beta version working good here.

19. Overkill

Great! I will update it soon

Is it possible to password protect the settings? I have it on my son's pc and I would like to prevent him from possibly disabling it or changing settings.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  20. sas_dave

You bring up a good point. With the addition of the (not quite implemented yet) e-mail alerts for remote monitoring; I could definitely see the need to keep the settings from being tweaked. I'll give it some thought and see if we could make that happen.

21. Overkill

Thanks!

22. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

is there anything new coming to happen?new features etc etc?thanks

23. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Since malware definition detection (by signatures) is becoming less important as malware evolves, do you plan on implementing / enhancing heuristic detection in this new version of SAS?

24. SUPERAntiSpyware1

SUPERAntiSpyware1 Registered Member

25. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thank you very much

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.