SUPERAntiSpyware 5.x

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Mops21, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Re: SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0

Any release Date for the final and the pre release version

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We are getting close to a public pre-release for testing.

3. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Thank you very much for this it is this year 2010 or 2011

4. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Nick S. I have been asked by several pm's and e-mails
    from folks asking about the 'lifetime' subscription
    for version 5.0, carrying it over and will it be valid?
    I know what 'lifetime' means but some are not sure.

I have shared what I am sure will be done as far as future builds
    and updates....that you will be fine :cool:

5. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Lifetime updates means all updates and upgrades, so yes the 5.0 upgrade is free to all those with lifetime subscriptions!

6. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Impressive changes, Nick. Both interface and technology, so I'm looking forward to the final release.

I know that bug icon means a lot to you, so I assume it'll stay? I'm probably one of those who aren't really fond of it, but in the end, it's not the icon that makes the program. But since feedback is good value, even small issues is worth taking up.

Great job!

7. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Hello, first of all thanks for the great free version!
    I would like to report a problem iám having with SAS free in Win7 (x64): after a scan that found only cookies, i´am always asked to restart the computer.
    Any way to solve that?
    Thanks!

8. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

@Superantispy: Will V5 have lower CPU spikes on loading then the current v4.xx version? I have a few older PC's the I think SAS pro may work great on but I never installed it because they can't handle CPU spikes.

Anyway can't wait for v5 for my personal machine its looks like its going to be another great release.

9. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Yep! Everything is lighter and faster. It depends on how "old" your systems are - applications have to use the CPU to get work done.

10. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

Ah! So that's what them CPUs do! :D ;)

11. robinb

robinb Registered Member

I like the bug icon. It makes it distinctive from the rest that are there, and as for SAS, it has saved so many computers that i have worked on that were massively infected with spyware without having to go through reformatting the computer.. I am looking forward to the next version especially in windows 7 and that you will not get the "need administrator rights to install this software" even if you are an administrator.
    That was actually the only thing i did not like because most of my clients are beginner users and could not get that concept on how to do the upgrade in windows 7.

As far as the normal public out there, in my opinion and my observations most have no clue how to stay away from spyware, trojans, etc etc,, they just go where they want to on the browser and open what they want to via email. Without proper protection they would be purchasing a new computer every couple of months which could get very expensive and those who cannot afford to do this just live with a crippled computer.
    I send out, tell my clients time and again to stay away from online jokes, utube and the like, do not open emails they do not know who they are from but you know what? most do not listen because most people and this is also in "real life" think nothing is going to happen to them- until it does! Also we live in such a "fast" world, most people do not think about what damage they can do they just want to live their lives.

Superantispyware at least gives them the protection in real time (purchasing the Pro version) so hopefully it will catch their mistakes and their antivirus program will capture the rest.

I am not saying it is 100% fool proof but it is better to know you are protected than not. And yes it is a good idea to have a backup antispyware program because as Nick said one compliments the other and also can grab something that one might just miss that day.

Most people on wilders are advanced IT people and have the knowledge of what could and can happen to a computer. I value the opinions on here because I for one am an IT person but I do not know everything and learn alot from the rest of you here and visa versa.

I do not like bashing anyone especially a developer of a program that will come here and answer questions as well as his own forum. If you cannot be nice or say something in a non degrading way then you do not belong here. You are entitled to your own opinion, no one says you have to agree all the time- no one is perfect- but please say it without hurting anyone's feelings.

robin

12. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Ditto

13. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Not sure if that was meant to me since I was quoted, or if it was just in general, but I don't see anything that can be called bashing in my post at least. Not really fond of the logo, but that's it. That cannot be called unconstructive at all.

14. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I've been at SUPERAntispyware forum, and at the translation sub-forum there's no useful information on what one needs to put hands on to translate and where to send it? Odd. :D

15. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

@SUPERAntiSpy

Will the #5 update be automatic or will I have to uninstall my original (freeware) version?

Keep up the good work. :thumb:

16. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

The bug is OK but I have seen it in other apps as well in the past. Not that it matters, but I think SAS should design their own distinctive icon that folks will automatically associate with SAS.

17. carat

carat Guest

+1 :thumb:

18. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Well, I'm a big fan of artsy tray icons, but I think it's more important that it display the status of the application. It would be helpful if the bug changed color to indicate a detection, or out of date sigs, etc. By the way, this is something that I've already expressed to Nick, but I don't know if it is planned for v5.

19. Rainwalker

If that should be done then why not have the little bug expanding/contracting/pulsing and flashing............really would be pretty cool.

20. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Maybe it could make a cricket sound. :D

21. Rainwalker

or somewhat over-sized claws suddenly appearing while flashing, wiggling, snapping and flashing red.

22. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

PM me if you want to help with a translation and we'll set you up!

23. m00nbl00d

I'm guessing you forgot all about it? :D

Anyway, I'd like to suggest for future versions of SAS not to open IE when finishing installation, because it starts IE in a non-Protected Mode status. Now, let's imagine the situation SAS website has been hijacked by hackers... Can you possibly see the picture? :) Not a great thing to happen, for sure.

24. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Didn't forget, we are just getting ready to start the re-translation due to all the changes :) We don't launch a web page upon installation.

25. m00nbl00d

Great to know you haven't forgot about it.

Regarding SAS opening a web page, it does open SAS page. I uninstalled SAS from a system, to reinstall the newest version, and it did open SAS page. I don't think it was upon updating it, after reinstalling it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.