SUPERAntiSpyware 5.x

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Mops21, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_L

J_L Registered Member

HitmanPro would be a better investment, and it has free scanning + user-activated 30 day free removal. It's universally agreed to be the best on-demand scanner next to MBAM (maybe even surpassing).

2. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

3. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Appreciate the input - might give it a whirl....thanks.

Update - downloaded it with 30-day free trial. Scan indicated clean pc...good so far. BTW, I already had Hitman Pro Alert installed, it has been working fine, even tho it's Beta.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  4. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

SAS has not been the same. It'd gone downhill. Been couple of years. I lost hope in it.:(

5. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Well... you may want to consider replacing Windows Defender. Microsoft has admitted that it is only basic in its intent.

And... if you have SAS, MBAM and Windows Defender all active, that could cause problems.

SAS is useless and you should just remove that. MBAM has all that covered and more.

Then I would advise you to look beyond signature based systems. Some that are popular here and seem to be effective -- Sandboxie, AppGuard, MBAE, NVT EXE, Crystal, SecureAplus, VoodooShield.

6. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Alert has been officialy released for quite a while, but the older Beta's don't have auto-update. If you want to install the new version, you can download it here:
    http://www.surfright.nl/en/downloads/
    Be sure to uninstall the old version and reboot first.

7. JohnBurns

Thanks for the info and the link.

8. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Moved Voodoo Shields Posts to VoodooShield ? Thread, starting at this Post.

SUPERAntiSpyware 5.x is the Topic Here. Thank You.

9. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

10. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

11. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

12. JohnBurns

Just uninstalled SAS - too many problems - scheduler is all screwed up, I have lifetime license but don't feel like messing with the problems.

13. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

Wouldn't argue it's all that, but I actually saw some ransomware detections from it on virustotal 1-2 months ago and they weren't FPs. A broken clock and all.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  14. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

15. roady

roady Registered Member

Seems that Nick took all the critics seriously.....
    Curious about the improvements,hopefully he's back on track again with v 5.7.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  16. Victek

Victek Registered Member

It's been a while since I used SAS. Can you say more about how this version is more "back on track"?

17. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

The newest version of SAS seems pretty good. It had an update bug in the 5.7 prerelease, but now the latest version has straightened things out, and the program is picking up stuff beyond pesky cookies. I am not using the real time scanner as I have ESET Smart Security for that. But they seem to be working well together.

Edit: Speaking of cookies, I went to the healthcare.gov website just to poke around for about ten minutes. Right after I left I ran a SAS brief scan and found 88 cookies from that ten minute visit. Lots of stuff about tracking polls and so forth. I'll never go on that site again, it's infested.

18. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

Are you sure they weren't FPs?

19. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

Pretty sure none were false positives. After deleting them all there was no effect on the operating system. The files were a lot of health-related junk, and government tracking things like polls and so forth. They were all cookies, and there were a lot of them.

20. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I've always thought that cookies if some times undesirable, they are not considered malware, actually they are produced by all websites, so what's the big deal about them? Furthermore most browsers can be configured to delete cookies after every session...

21. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

22. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! Resurrected my old License Key for SAS Pro...thanks to the good folks at SAS being able to locate it. I'm scanning as I enter this post. Talk about a blast from the past...all I'm missing is the old Zone Alarm Gui...and Spybot... Lol! So far it's detected a pile of Cookies...no Trojans...or Rootkits...so far no surprises...the biggest surprise SAS Pro Lifetime License is back in the Saddle Again. Sincerely...Securon

23. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

How did they recover your license?

Mine was shut off somehow. When I contacted support I was told they 'couldn't find' my license. I contacted them a few months later, provided purchase details, and was told 'we can't find it'. They refused to activate it, despite showing proof of purchase.

Interesting. SAS actually picks up quite a bit of oddball threats on the HerdProtect logs, so I was thinking of checking it out. But I will not go through the licensing hassles like I did before.

24. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! DoctorPC...merely provided them with my previous address info...and previous IP Provider and E-Mail address and they got back to me within 24 hrs with my Lifetime License info. I use SAS Pro as an On Demand app. Sincerely...Securon

25. anon

anon Registered Member

SUPERAntiSpyware 5.7.1026

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.