SUPERAntiSpyware 3.7 Pre-Release

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Chubb, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Not anymore. I'm now trialing CounterSpy v2.0.

2. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Using SAS for a year and a half, I've noticed remarkable improvement in scanning speeds! It's not installed right now as I'm testing some other apps., but it always gets re-installed when I see it's been updated. SAS is always improving, not like some a/s-apps. Support goes a lo-o-ong way to increasing the value of any product!!! Ciao4now....need2dLoSAS!!!

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Like I said before, I appreciate the free offering of SAS. I believe on this site it is probably recommended more than any other anti-spyware product. And for good reason, it is outstanding.

I noticed that the 40% faster scanning was taken off the SAS web site. That is impressive, whether it was due to user concerns or whatever. But I doubt users would have gotten that same type of quick response from some of the larger anti-malware companies. We have probably all had bad experiences with some of them. At least I have.

Thanks.

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: As memebers have reported that the "40%" issue has been removed from SAS's web site. IMO. Their quick and responsible response and correction have demonstrated that they DO care users's reactions and act accordingly. Just for these, Nick, you have my full endosement. Look around in cyber-security industry, most vendors just roll up their blind eyes and cover up their deaf ears. I am sure SAS will carry out this type of advertising a lot more realistically next time. IMO, both SAS and users are turly the beneficiary of this outcome. May Nick and your wonderful staff have nice days. :thumb:

5. Anhydrous

Anhydrous Registered Member

Tried it and it isnt the product that SUPERantispyware Pro is....
    I will take Nicks' great support and product all day long over counterspy.Just MY opinion.Hope it works well for you Hammer

6. jawadde

jawadde Registered Member

how can i donwload the new version? Do i have to uninstall version 3.6xx?

7. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

You can use the internal updater by right clicking on the SAS tray icon and selecting check for updates:)

It should auto uninstall the superceded version:)

8. jawadde

i pusched the buttom 'check for updates", but version 3.7XX wasn't install, it still stays on the previous version. (Maybey it is because i use the free editione?)

9. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Make sure your firewall is not blocking SSUPDATE.EXE (our updater).

10. jawadde

no, because i get some updates, but not the new version (3.7xx). :)

11. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Well, there is no other reason you would not get the updates - so I would double check to make sure it's not blocked.

12. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Jawadde,check that and also update not from the main interface of SAS but go to preferences then click on check for updates now.worked for me.

13. The Hammer

I'm happy so far. That's all I want to say as I don't want to hijack this thread. :ninja:

14. LoneWolf

Funny and not the ha ha funny , I thought SAS downloaded the new version.
    SAS downloaded then said to reboot and I still have 3.6.1000 not 3.7 so its not updating the version from the program here either.

15. The Hammer

I had the free version until yesterday and had no problem getting updates for the 3.7 version. Uninstalled 3.6 first though. I presume you uninstalled the previous version first also.

16. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Uninstalling the previous version worked very well for me too. Already have updated and scanned a couple times with 3.7.

17. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

That means one of your security packages is blocking us from updating the registry.....Ad-Watch does that to us.

18. LoneWolf

No Ad-Watch here. Will uninstall 3.6 then install 3.7 later when I have time.Updatng the version thru the program does not work.

19. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Well, something is blocking us from putting our updater in the start key so the files can be updated on reboot - many security applications do that and don't warn the user they are blocking something :(

20. The Hammer

That's generally how I install all my software. Even if the program says I can update the version of program X through an updater or install over the top.

21. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Travellinman; I would check PG's setting to see whether it is in learning mode. It may prevent new registry alterations. How about the snoopfree? perhaps temporarily disable while updating SAS ? Good luck.

22. LoneWolf

PG was the culprit.Updated thru program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.