SUPER © kills nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kang0o, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kang0o

kang0o Registered Member

Hi, I got this Super © program recommended to me by a friend to convert any format video files to .3gp.
    Firstly the website erightsoft is a very bad design and had all the hallmarks of badness, I didn't like the look of it one bit, just seemed dodgy, but my friend swears by the software so I prevailed to DL the setup file.
    I installed it and tried the software. The gui is about as badly designed as the webpage, and I didn't like that fact it appeared to be running javascript and constantly wanted to connect to the network. But to be fair the software worked really well. Untill i noticed that the nod32 tray icon had gone :eek: . This set alarm bells ringing. So I promptly uninstalled it.
    The thing is I'm unsure if the demise of nod was intentional or not, but would really like some feedback on whether this software is known to be corrupt or infested with badness. I'm currently doing a safe mode scan, but apart from lots of locked files the scanner doesn't appear to of found anything.
    This software is freeware so you can't expect much, but the features seem to good to be true, coupled with the website and quirky behavior of the application it's self, and the fact it kills nod off. I'm just more than a bit concerned by it.
    Any comments much appreciated, cheers.

2. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

I have used it & the web site is as you describe it. Really bad. Hard to download successfully. A2 says some of the codecs he uses might have spyware in them.. Otherwise I never noticed any problems with NOD 32 when using it. I finally made into a Bart PE plug in & used that.

3. kang0o

kang0o Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. It is strange that I'm getting nod probs and you haven't. Maybe other people have had probs too, I'll have to wait until a few more people post.
    It is only after I encode a file. If I started the app and then ended the app nod32 remains. It is only when encoding is finished that the icon dies.
    It amazes me that a program that can work so well can be produced by the same people who made the website and gui. Most puzzling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.