super-antispyware any good ????

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by yvesj, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Ivesj - Your English is fine. ;) You should hear a guy from New York trying to speak English. LOL I wonder how I would do with French eh. :blink:

2. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank you
    well you learn anything if you put your mind to it
    if i want to learn some thing i sitdown and i will try to figure it out i dont care if it take a month .it took me 8 years to figure how a moose was living. but after you know .it so eay to get your moose it like making hand made knive am really good at it and no body ever show me anay thing how to do it on top off that i build my own tools
    so everay thing is possyble all you need is put your mind to it that all
    yvesj

3. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

ok let get back to the thread here now what i did is i uninstal 4 of them
    did keep
    ad-ware.se
    spywareblaster
    avg7.5.0.432 free
    superantispyware
    i thing this is all i need
    thak you for all your help
    yvesj

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I've been surfing the internet for a year now using ShadowUser pro. I scan my system every 3 months roughly with Nod32(which I have resident as well) and Ewido, and always get '0 threats on your system'.

I wanted to try this 'SuperAntispyware' for the hell of it: On my son's computer it found 7 spyware issues (my sons computer has an AV and firewall, but no virtualization software).

When I tried it on mine, SAS found 3 'Unclassified. Unknown origin' Threats.
    A bit alarmed by the finding when I checked what the description of these files were, it stated exactly the name of a very well known program (needless to say, legitimate) and its updater.

I was relieved as the pristine condition of my computer hasn't been violated,
    and it proves that if one uses virtualization it makes a lot of traditional security applications redundant.

Still I find it very odd that something hailed as 'Unclassified. Unknown origin'
    then names it accurately, as a threat. False positives is a well known problem and I believe that SAS is a very good application with all the limitations that scanners have.

5. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

6. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there,

It goes without saying that I had already reported my false positives before posting in this thread.

7. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

hi fcukdat my super-antispyware working really good.i thank you again
    yvesj

8. fcukdat

Your welcome and safe journeys around WWW land :)

9. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

SUPERANTISPYWARE 0WNz!!

Wouldn't want any table/lap unit without this. :thumb:

10. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

I just got Superantispyware Pro; when it automatically updates, does it pop up a screen or anything? I haven't received any automatic updates notifications and whenever I manually update, it always has an update. I think the auto update no worky for me!

11. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I have been using the free edition most recently. I have found it to be most satisfactory. :thumb:

12. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Did you activate it with your keycode? Look under preferences -> help for the product registration number.

Are both of the Automatic update options checked?

FWIW mine is activated, and I've never seen any popups indicating that it has updated. However if you right-click the tray icon -> check for updates it will give you a popup. Wait a day or two before updating because it's possible that when you update it was fixing to auto update. :p

13. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

That blasted SuperAntiSpyware "Guard" is incredibly efficient at curtailing malware. Can't even kill it with APT Kernel Kill 1 & 2 from the process list :D

That is one solid and effective program to say the least. :thumb:

14. fcukdat

I don't knnow the answer personally but you could either ask at their support forums>>>
    http://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php

Or use email support to a seek an answer:)

15. fcukdat

:D Killer of a wide range of new-age bots both visible and stealthed:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

If y'all want to know about how advanced SAS capabilty vs the new stuff,you only have to ask the competitors such as CounterSpy,SpySweeper,Spyware Doctor latest evo's....Can you detect and remove Rustock B trojan when it is loaded o_O

They are all using kernel drivers now so how do they match up(detection&cleaning) against Ring0 trojans....

For anyone who wants to test there chosen software versus some of these advanced rootkit malwares then let me know and i will point you in the direction of some droppers+removal instructions etc

For the record just to give you an insight to what awaits,Kaspersky 6 AV which is widely reguarded as a very good engine & database cannot detect even on maxed out sensitivity any of these badboys once they are loaded into ring0.It is blind to them:'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.