Sunbelt Personal Firewall 4.7 BETA testers needed!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by shineyshoes, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shineyshoes

shineyshoes Registered Member

Did this BETA ever make it into the wild?

I'm setting up an XP sp3 vm and it looks a nice fit.

I notice several posters tested the BETA with reported success back in 2011.

However the forum sticky links for free versions of sunbelt/kerio all seem to end with "Computer Says No" here: http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Home-Home-Office/Sunbelt-Personal-Firewall/

And the "usual suspects" @ oldversions and the waybackmachine don't seem to have stock.

Does anyone have a copy please?

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

The beta never made it out into the public. They turned it into freeware, but didn't do much else in the way of bug or issue fixes. There was a time when you could get it on the beta forum, but I think it's gone now, even there.. Sorry, I don't have my copy anymore either, I deleted it along with all my other XP stuff a while back. Maybe someone else has it.

3. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

-www.sunbeltsoftware.com/support/vc/SPF.4.7.5.0.exe-
    The version is identical to 4.6 other than license key no longer required and all features enabled. Smooth as silk on my XP-SP3. No idea if or how it'll behave in vm. Also I use packet rules, and not their app rules, and I don't use web watch since Opera and AV do that. There's no support for it so you're on your own if problems with vm occur.

4. shineyshoes

shineyshoes Registered Member

Thanks Mr Act, good link.

1st impressions: lowish memory footprint (30MB), responsive controls and doesn't seem to slow other things. Asks timely questions and then goes quiet while appearing to obey orders. Could be a beneficial upgrade for some people I know!

Now to investigate its syslog'ing abilities. And no doubt read again your & MrKerodo et al comments from the last year or two.

Ta.

5. jaodsvuda

jaodsvuda Registered Member

Thank you, act8192 !

I have a SPF beta 4.7.4.0 ,so this is a new (and a less buggy) version for me.

6. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Could you upload the installer somewhere (e.g. rapidshare or simular)?

7. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

@Kees1958,
    Link is in post#3, so IMO no need to upload anywhere. Are you not able to download?

@jaodsvuda,
    Hmmm, I haven't found 4.6 to be buggy, and 4.7 is unchanged except for enabling all features and going free.
    Just too many features there that I'd rather not see in a firewall :)

8. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

:cool: Sorry my bad, thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.