Sunbelt firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chaos16, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

do u think sunbelt will improve the kerio firewall?

as sunbelt now owns the kerio firewall.

do u think they will add many more feature and really improve on it or do u think sunbelt is not that skilled for firewalls?

sunbelt has not released there firewall yet no? wat are they fixing bugs and implementing features and improvments etc...o_O?

maybe as they work on spyware maybe there firewall will be better than it was for fighting spyware or better yet blocking spyware? maybe a new technology to block spyware?

2. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

i think sunbelt will probaly add a new gui, and improve kerios firewall against grc and firewallleaktest tests...

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Sunbelt Security Suite = Improved Kerio Firewall + CounterSpy + AntiVirus (theirs or from somewhere else).
    If they are smart, you will be able to buy each apart and of course the free version of an improved Kerio Firewall will still exist, as promised by Sunbelt.
    Of course promises are just words, no obligation.

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Maybe this could be a one plus one equals two things for them. A combinations of anti-spyware and firewall into one. I hope they will not mess up the Kerio firewall and improve it instead to make it less buggy and more lighter on resources and more better if they can, and still continues to have a free version. :D

5. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Sunbelt and lighter on resources... looking at Counter Spy that's impossible

6. ErikAlbert

I have read in another post, that Sunbelt is working on an AV.
    All these main Firewall/AV/AS companies have already a Security Suite, why not Sunbelt.
    If Sunbelt wants a piece of the money-cake, they will need a Security Suite.

7. chaos16

hopefully they will fix the emule overload problem.

and hopefully they will implement new technology.

like advance spyware blockers as sunbelt work hardest on spyware so maybe they can make there firewall the best for blocking spyware:D

btw does anyone know when this firewall will be released?

and does anyone know if sunbelt has worked on this firewall of quite along time?

8. JJ_

JJ_ Registered Member

As a long term user of Sygate Personal Firewall i hope sunbelt dont add bloat to the firewall and leave the antispyware feature to their AS.

If your stupid enough not the read the eula when installing software, tough luck. Ive been using mozilla firefox for just over a year now, and to this day i havent no spyware on this computer whatsoever.

9. chaos16

is there known a release date?

10. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

that has nothing to do with the safety of the browser, maybe you're surfing too safe if you know what I mean ..

there are millions of sites that can infect you if you solely trust on your FFX browser :D

don't surf that safe :D more fun and you'll see FFX is not the only reason you're spyware free.

cheers

11. ErikAlbert

I concur. I use Firefox myself but in combination with discipline on the internet and that's the only reason, why I didn't get so many infections anymore.
    If Wilders would be my only website on the internet, I wouldn't even need Firefox to visit Wilders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.